1. Androidforums is going down shortly (7:00pm Central) for a few minutes of maintenance. We apologize for any inconveniences - will not take long!

Which Verizon LTE phone would you buy? Opinion?

Last Updated:

1. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

If you had to choose one of the following Android Verizon LTE phones...
    • LG Revolution
    • HTC Thunderbolt
    • Samsung Droid Charge
    Which one would you choose and why?

I do have LTE in my area with nearly full deployment so LTE would be the best way to go for future proofing.

tuckmobile likes this.
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Lg Revo- underpowered
    Samsung Droid Charge- Nice phone, nice screen, but it doesn't handle flash in the browser well at all.
    Htc-Thunderbolt- The best of the lot, but you have to buy an extended battery as battery life is poor.
  3. trparky

Alright... the HTC Thunderbolt it is. Which battery would you suggest buying for it?
  4. persim

persim Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to why you say the Revolution is underpowered. It has the exact same processor as the Thunderbolt, double the internal memory, and has a hdmi port. Am I missing something?
  5. trparky

I talked to a representative in a Verizon store and he told me that they are having too many problems with the Thunderbolt for him to recommend it to me.

Now it's a tossup between the LG Revolution and the Samsung Droid Charge.

So... if you had to choose between one of those two, which would you get?
  6. trparky

Alright... battery life is bad on the LG Revolution so it looks more like I'm going to be looking at the Droid Charge instead. What do you think?
  7. trparky

Ok, bad things about the Droid Charge. God this is difficult to compare the two phones. I wish I could get some good honest reviews so that I can compare the two phones side by side.
  8. trparky

After reading stuff in the Droid Charge forum on this site, the Droid Charge looks like the better buy. I just wish I could find a Verizon store with a live demo phone. The store I went to doesn't have any live demo phones at all.
  9. lisa4labz

lisa4labz Member

I just received an update this morning for the Samsung Charge and the lag issue seems a lot better now and for some reason my battery life is better too. The more you use it the better the battery life is plus there's an extended battery.
    When I went to the VZ store to ask them a question about my Charge, the sales rep told me to stick with the Charge over the Revo (prob because I had it and they didn't want to do a return). She said the Charge was a much better phone and I liked it much better than the square Revo.