Which was your first Android device and what did you miss the most from your older mobile?

Last Updated:

1. WitchMX

WitchMX Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I was wandering, I just bought a X10, I use to have a Pre, and it took me a while to get use to android. What I first missed the most from Pre was the notifications system, its multitasking capability and synergy, a function that blends all your facebook, email and phone contacts together if they repeat. Remember I have android 1.6.

What did you miss the most from your previous non android phone?

note: BTW, that android 2.1 function to blend contacts, how good is it?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

From Windows Mobile? Taking handwritten notes? Handsfree dialing that i almost never used? Really, absolutely NOTHING! What I don't miss was the instability, the lagg, the constant search for a rom that would work well. Just asked my wife if she missed anything from her Pre (she now has an Epic), she said no. Not a surprise since she hated that phone. 2.1/2.2 do a pretty good job of blending in the social networks and contacts, but since I never used a pre extensively I can't really compare.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The HTC Eris was my first Android. The biggest thing I miss from my Nokia E63 was the hardware keyboard which was excellent along with the incredible battery life (you could go 2 days without even trying on the stock battery).

I don't miss a whole lot else though. I think even though my Eris is an older phone, it IS slightly faster, due to having twice the RAM an the twice the processor speed.

4. Reap

Reap Well-Known Member

My first android phone was the G1 the day it came out... First android in America I think?
    Before that I had a Motorola V3x

5. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

First android device HTC Evo 4G - moved from Blackberry Bold on AT&T and I do not miss a single feature. BBM was just with one friend and he changed his phone to android so I really do not miss any of the apps for the blackberry. I also do not miss the poorly drawn interface and horrible customer support and don't even get me started with AT&T.

6. PinkMirrorKirby

PinkMirrorKirby Well-Known Member

First Android device is the HTC Aria, I moved from Samsung Wave, I really miss the awesome Super AMOLED screen and the camera that has smile shot or scenes etc.

Anyways I like my HTC Aria, it is even smoother than my friend's HTC Desire running Android 2.2

7. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

First Android device: Evo. From a HTC Touch Pro 2. Stable, no problems at all. No crashes, no problems at all. Did everything I needed, no crashes, no problems at all. I am confused. I miss the Bluetooth functionality and the Office integration.

8. SlowRain

SlowRain Well-Known Member

So far, I've only had the Galaxy S. What I miss most doesn't come from my old phone, but from my PDA. I had a Palm Tungsten E2, and I miss Mobipocket reader. Nothing that I've seen available for Android even comes close, unless it's tied in to one of the stores (Kindle, Nook, Kobo). I also found a program that allowed me to set the brightness down below the manufacturer's base setting. As it is, the Galaxy S is a bit too bright for me to read at night, even with the brightness to 0%, the background set to black, and the text set to brown (using Aldiko).

9. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

The Droid 2 is my first Android phone.

What I miss from my Windows Mobile Omnia is the better camera, easily syncing with Outlook notes, calendar, and tasks, access to the internal storage, physical reboot button.

10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

First Android phone was the Droid 1.

What I miss from Win Mo (I had the Omnia 1)? Not needing to root the phone to have access to all the files and folders. On the old Win Mo all you needed was a file manager..

11. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

So did you have any problems at all? ;)

12. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I had a G1 which replaced my BB Pearl 8100. I missed BBM, brickbreaker, and good battery life. The G1 was pretty awesome at the time, but the battery life was abysmal. I had to bring a charger with me to work, have a car charger, and one at home to keep it going. Updates helped with the battery life (remember I had Android 1.0! Not even an on screen keyboard at that point), though I still have a friend using a G1 and his battery life is less than stellar.

13. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

My Nexus One is my first Android handset. What do I miss from its predecessor, a Nokia N95?

Not a thing. The N95 was (still is) a terrific phone, and it served me well. S60 has nothing on Android though.

14. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Came from Palm, to BB 8320 and then, with a brief layover on WinMo, headed to the EVO.

I had desperately wanted a Nexus One on Sprint, but that ended up being dashed... good thing in the end, because I like the EVO.

What do I miss from BB? Well, when you measure BBM and brickbreaker against constant freezes and battery pulls, it comes to not a whole lot.

Still am fond of RIM... just hate waiting 10 minutes for a phone to reboot after a memory drain.