• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which wireless charging pad for the DNA?

Will the ones from HP from the TouchPad work? I know they are large but I already have two of them.

No, they do not.

Has anyone used the Energizer pads before. I see the singles are sold out at Amazon but saw some double spot pads left.

I may wait 2 or 3 weeks and see what folks are getting. I have a watch that charges this way. Awesome tech! ;)

I am gonna try one, I ordered the single before it was sold out. I'll let you know.

Edit: I did order one, but just now was told it is on back order from Amazon. So, I will still get it but not as soon as I had hoped. In any case, I will report back once I get it.

Upvote 0

Your link takes you to just the DNA VZ site, no charger. If you are referencing the LG one though, beware owners are saying it beeps annoyingly once fully charged.

i.e. Full charge (BEEEP) .. slight drain in battery for 5 min, charge continues until full (BEEEEP)... Rinse repeat. So if you do't take it off the pad at 100 % it will beep every 5 minutes or so forever.

Upvote 0
Your link takes you to just the DNA VZ site, no charger. If you are referencing the LG one though, beware owners are saying it beeps annoyingly once fully charged.

i.e. Full charge (BEEEP) .. slight drain in battery for 5 min, charge continues until full (BEEEEP)... Rinse repeat. So if you do't take it off the pad at 100 % it will beep every 5 minutes or so forever.

Oh shoot. Well it was supposed to link to the Nokia wireless charger on VZW's site.

Upvote 0
Oh shoot. Well it was supposed to link to the Nokia wireless charger on VZW's site.

Ah. I've heard hit-and-miss success with that one. It works but some have reported its hard to line up correctly , or that it starts to charge then stops. Others reported no probs. I'll wait for some more users on that one. I like that its small.

What I really want is the Nexus 4 charging orb. Waiting on someone to test that out.

Upvote 0
Ah. I've heard hit-and-miss success with that one. It works but some have reported its hard to line up correctly , or that it starts to charge then stops. Others reported no probs. I'll wait for some more users on that one. I like that its small.

What I really want is the Nexus 4 charging orb. Waiting on someone to test that out.

The Nexus 4 charging orb looks awesome.

Upvote 0
My store had the LG one in stock. After taxes was $40 with my discount. I must say, its the perfect shape, size and color to match the DNA. I did see somewhere it beeps a lot, so it might not work next to my bed, we will see. But it works great.

Picked up a LG wireless charger too - fits the phone great - no feel yet for charging time to full capacity yet - nice surprise was that I bought the only thin rubber case they had for the DNA and discovered the phone still charges wirelessly with this case on !

Upvote 0
Picked up a LG wireless charger too - fits the phone great - no feel yet for charging time to full capacity yet - nice surprise was that I bought the only thin rubber case they had for the DNA and discovered the phone still charges wirelessly with this case on !

Thanks for this, I was wondering. I wonder if it slows it down the charging though.

Upvote 0
I walked in to Verizon today and used my wifes upgrade to get a DNA and the switched to my unlimited plan. ( She gets my Razr maxx. Way to much phone for her).

I picked up two of the Verizon chargers that they sell. Going to have one on my desk at work and one at home. I also purchased the case they sell for it. All works well. My DNA is charging now after a entire day spent getting it tweaked and rooted. Seems to be charging just as fast is if it was plugged in.

I am pissed Verizon has blue tooth tethering disabled on this phone. The Razr maxx let you do it.

By the way this phone is AWESOME. I have always had some Iphone envy because they are so slick. They don't have a damn thing on this DNA.

Upvote 0
I have both the LG and Nokia one. LG is use at home for my nightly charging and the Nokia I keep on my desk at work. They both work perfect. But I like the Nokia one a little better just because of the smaller foot print. But they both work perfect it just which size you like better.

The LG is larger than the phone

The Nokia is smaller than the phone (meaning when you put the phone on it you can't see it below)

Upvote 0
So I got the Energizer single slot one today, and so far so good. It turns out that I had almost a full battery when I used it for he first time, so it only had to go about 8%, but it works well. No sound, no overheating (in limited use) and a pretty big target charging area from what I can tell too. Works with a case (though I won't be using one for a bit anyway)

It's a bit big, but I have plenty of space where I am using it so that is not an issue. So far so good. I'll update if anything changes.

Reactions: Ibrick and Skipdawg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones