• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which would you choose

argedion

The TechnoFrog
Jun 20, 2011
The Infernal Swamp
I am in the market for a new Laptop. The one I have now is slowly dying on me. The DVD went out. It now has no sound (the ear jack is messed up) and its just getting old.

I plan on staying with Hp and These are the two computers I'm stuck between. One is an AMD Quad Core Processor and the other is a 4th Generation Icore 5

The AMD:
HP ENVY 15z-j100 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) | HP® Official Store

The Intell:
HP ENVY 15t-j100 Select Edition Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) | HP® Official Store

Both are essentially the same computer and I planned on ordering them the same both with 16gig of ram and both with the true hd display.

So between these two which would you choose and why?

Thanks

You have to look at the GPU as well. If you are sticking with stock, you might get a little better performance out of the AMD on-board graphics. The intel chips just don't seem to perform as well. Now, if you are going to upgrade the i5 model to NVIDIA chip, then that's a whole 'nother kettle of chickens. If you aren't going to be gaming, then I'd save the money on the GPU upgrades.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't answer your question ... I don't know that I can. On one hand the AMD model is $120 less and I am a big fan of saving money. I like the stock GPU on that one a bit better even though you'd get better CPU performance from the i5. On the other hand, you'll get better CPU performance (and energy consumption) from the i5 ... and I am an Intel stockholder ... buy the Intel. ;)

Seriously, I don't think you'd go wrong with either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones