• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Which_Launcher_are_you_using?

Lelouch

Android Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2010
Kri
Which Launcher and version are you using on Galaxy?
Themes are also welcome. Your impressions of it (lags, looks smooth, etc...), your recommendations,...
Also put info which ROM are you using.

I'm using (installed) the latest version of ADW Launcher (1.3.1).
More to come (looking through themes). :cool:

I'm currently using ADW with Galaxo 1.6.3.4. I like the animation when I open the app drawer, but sometimes there is a little lag. What I dislike is the inability to change the background for action buttons. (Well, I was able to change them within the app, but they don't scale correctly for some strange reason. It's much harder than I thought)

If I ever start using Gaosp daily, I would probably use LauncherPro but it's not available for Android 1.6.

Oh, and what's with the underscores in the thread title?

Upvote 0
Well, why not, can you please make me a TouchWiz and a Launcher pro ? I sent you the apps on pm :D
If you want you can post them publicly so everyone will test/use them

There they are. They will overwrite the stock GAOSP ADW launcher and then you can switch between the three all you want and they will overwrite themselves.

Launcher Pro 0.8.1.1

Touchwiz

ADW from stock GAOSP

(FYI, these apps are actually called ADWLauncher.apk so they will overwrite it. I'm not used to do stuff with GAOSP and I think it's much better in Galaxo where the launcher is simply called Launcher.apk; it's not as confusing. I didn't want to make a script (they could have kept their names but it would only have removed these specific two other launchers and not ANY launcher). What i'm saying is, even if you overwrite the stock ADW with TouchWiz or Launcherpro, in appslike root explorer you will still see ADWLauncher but if you delete it, it will delete Touchwiz/Launcherpro.)

Upvote 0
Thanks man, i got ure point. I`ll do a nandroid and test them.
This apps dont work in galaxo, they are 2.0+. I'll post the feedback in no time.

Touchwiz is pretty, i like it for its simplicity.
Launcher pro is fast, good looking, i have 35 mb average free. i use only one home screen with all the apps i use in the dock. super nice'

Thaks again DaS.
Brother Lelouch test this and input your review.

Edit: Woooooow, after alot of browsing and listening to music, or both in the same time flawlessy i might add, and after youtubing alot (which now works btw, i guess i needed external card and swap) i just checked the ram and i had 41mb free. It seems that either ADW eats alot of memory , or the extra homescreens, or both. Now with just one homescreen with no icons on it, even that unlock animation from the theme is fast and smooth, not like befpre.

Upvote 0
So I found a zip to overwrite the stock ADW with the ADW 1.3.3. One thing I don't like is how many home screens there are. Is it not possible to change that ?? I can't seem to find the setting if so ...

When on the homescreen, press the menu button and select the lower-left option, "Edit". You will then be able to add or remove homescreens. ;)

Upvote 0
Hope this works ...

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones