While Charging my touch input is messed up.

Last Updated:

1. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I plug it in to charge. My touch screens gets all crazy and does not correctly identify my touch. If I try to enter my unlock pattern it says its wrong. And a lot of keypress are incorrect. Anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
  2. kamikazekyle

kamikazekyle Well-Known Member

I had this once after my first charge when I put on the Toast kernel. A reboot fixed it for me. If a reboot doesn't work for you, see if it happens with multiple chargers/cables. Might be a grounding issue?

Oh, and it's a long shot, but make sure that nothing is eating your CPU. That can cause such latency at times that it might be similar in appearance.

3. Kidmet

Kidmet Well-Known Member

My guess is that you are using a third party cheap charger. Mine has that problem too. OEM is fine.

4. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

yes I have experienced this. I guess its just a problem with the phone. I learned to live with it.

5. B-Ran

B-Ran Well-Known Member

I don't know if your problem can be solved without more pieces of the puzzel to look at... are you rooted? custom ROM? custom kernel? If you're stock I'd say back up your data and perform a factory reset. If you're rooted and running a ROM/kernel... I say back up your data, boot into recovery and wipe data/cache/dalvik and reflash.

6. RichboyJhae

RichboyJhae Well-Known Member

I believe its a third party charger issue. Happened to me when I had use my grandmas one day.

7. tagta3

tagta3 Well-Known Member

I have this with the OEM charger too using swype, it is a grounding issue but it exists in the stock charger as well.

8. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am stock all the way and using the charger that came with the phone.

9. peepeesea

peepeesea Member

i had the same issue with the stock charger and stock ROM... it only happened once so far and after a soft reboot the problem went away.

10. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Ive only seen this happen on a cheap 3rd party charger. I immediately unplugged the phone, tossed the charger in the trash and never saw it again.

11. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

I had that problem on an eBay charger, never on the HTC one though.

12. 3volut1on

3volut1on VIP Member VIP Member

I've got the exact same problem with the stock charger and rom. It affects the entire screen capacitance to a slight degree (bottom buttons and all). It only started happening to me after the OTA update when they changed the sensitivity.

13. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Same problem for me on the stock charge and my car charger both. Longpressing to use the symbols is the biggest problem on mine. It will recognize the letter but not the longpress.

14. wlinds1

wlinds1 Member

I also have that problem and I do have a third party charger. My phone becomes unresponsive, however, calls and text messages still come thru, I just cant respond.

15. jackhil

jackhil New Member

I just got my HTC aria and have really loved it... except this issue that keeps happening with the input screen. Seeing this thread is the first one that actually really described the problem. I plugged it in to the charger and the screen goes crazy, unplugged it and it's fine!! Great to have a fix, been driving me crazy. :)