While in call my phone vibrates for email etc.

Last Updated:

1. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was on a call a bit ago outdoors and started to see lightning roll in - a few seconds later my phone vibrated while I was talking - not only did it terrify the shi% out of me (scared of lightning lol) but I nearly dropped my phone. Once I settled down I saw I had an email. I have been looking for a way to disable this feature for the Captivate with no success - please if anyone knows lemme know

If that happens while I am driving I can see myself wrecking the car. Freaky feeling to be buzzed like that on the ear :(

Thanks for any info

Advertisement
  2. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

Without knowing your email application, it may be hard to say exactly.

Most of the email apps, including the Gmail app, have Notification Settings in the Settings menu.

Uncheck Vibrate. :)

3. Boldt

I am using the stock email currently. So I guess its global? If I uncheck vibrate I lose it completely even when I am not on the phone. Ouch....

Will take a look and thank you..

4. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

Unless there's some app out there that allows you to do so, I don't know of a way you can select between "call/no call" on the vibrate setting for emails.

5. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

nope, you can do it individualy. Open your email app, hit the menue button. (bottom left). then account settings, scroll down to notification settings and uncheck vibrate. Viola :)

6. Hermeod

Hermeod Member

Using the stock mail program? It's easy... Go to it, menu button, account settings
    Under notification settings, uncheck "vibrate when email arrives"
    I left mine unchecked and it doesn't vibrate from that

This setting is also common to other email programs... and SMS programs, etc :)

7. Boldt

Thank you all very much. I just stopped vibrate completely. That happening while talking on the phone is freaky. I appreciate the help - I am all set :)

8. Regalicious

Regalicious Well-Known Member

He's saying that if you shut vibration notifications off (as you guys described) it'll turn it off all the time, not just when he's in a call, which is what he wants.

Try going to Settings -> Call Settings -> All calls -> Alerts on call -> Off ... I did that and I don't know if it worked but it hasn't buzzed me since (I just don't remember if I've gotten any notifications during a call).

Btw OP that exact scenario happened to me too hahah

9. Boldt

I will give that a try to Regalicious. Sounds like that might be what I want. I hoped to keep Vibrate while not on the phone and not lose it globally but if I must that is fine just as long as the ear buzz thing stops. :)