While last

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by garyray, Jul 8, 2010.

1. garyray

garyray Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Got my EVO today.... Awesome phone

Anyway does anyone else have an Evo that says something like "While last unplugged......" and gives a time.

Is it just bad grammar and should say Will last.

Just thought it was funny.

Maybe it is saying it lasted that long last time. Is only 2hr 17min. I just got it but had it in use longer than that before the battery died.

Just curious......

Advertisement

2. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Is it ironic if I don't understand what you're trying to say? :p

3. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    No it is correct grammar. It says "While Last Unplugged" while charging and gives a total of how long your phone was running off of the battery before you plugged it in. Hence the while last unplugged. That time also can also mean since you last rebooted. Once you unplug your charger it says Since Unplugged and gives a time

4. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Workin at the squeaky mart.
    Residin in Florida
    Wow, you both don't get it lol. What it MEANS is, while last unplugged, that's the amount of time it has been unplugged. So if you unplugged it 5 hours ago, it should say while last unplugged(5 hours ago), it should say around 5 hours.

5. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    Wow no you don't get it.... Look at your EVO.... It says Since Unplugged when off of the charger. When you plug it in it changes to While Last Unplugged. Read before you mock if you were speaking to me that is

6. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    VIP Member

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    Didn't Sikclown just say that same thing in different words?
    Maybe I really don't get it.:thinking:

7. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    lmao this thread is hilarious

ThatNewAndroidGuy and damewolf13 like this.
  8. garyray

garyray Member

Jun 14, 2010
    NM I get it. Thanks sikclown
    And "wow" it was obvious I didn't get it. But Also obvious I had it plugged in when it said while last unplugged. So while last unplugged shows how long it was plunged in or how long it has been since it was unplugged

Evo rocks

9. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Computer Tech!
    Pasadena, California
    Fail thread award of the week goes to...

10. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Workin at the squeaky mart.
    Residin in Florida
    *Drumrolllllllllllllllll*

11. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I think he is thinking that the phone is telling him how long before he needs to plug the phone back in. For example, he is reading it as: "your phone will last X amount of minutes before it needs to be plugged in"

When in reality, the phone shows us how long we have been using the phone since it was last unplugged/restarted.

He is calling into question the grammar of the phone on the battery info page, yet I believe that this questioning should be turned inward and he should question his own grammar skills (or lack there of) before calling out the phone's grammar.

Lesson of the day: Just because it is a 'smart phone' does not mean that it's owner is smart.
    (not directed towards anyone, just a little life lesson for you all, brought to you by the letter D and the number 12)

12. garyray

garyray Member

Jun 14, 2010
    That's exactly what I had thought and hearing how bad the battery is supposed to be made me think that was what it meant.

Though that is actually bad grammar (probably just to save space).

"While last unplugged for xhrs xM" isn't really a sentence and I'm surprised some think it is proper grammar.

Tags: