while waiting for my DINC...Support

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, since I can't have my DINC physically in my hands to play with I wanna ask a few questions to keep my mind busy.

• I'm coming from a BB Storm and blackberries have pretty great sound profile management. What about the DINC? My absolute favorite option is "Bedside" mode which turns off the alerts and flashing LED during pre-defined hours when I charge my phone (but still allows phone calls).
    • BBM. Yeah yeah, I know everyone probably complains about leaving it behind. Frankly, I'm sure gchat will suit me. But the Group Chat feature in bbm is what I will certainly miss. I love to keep ongoing conversations w/ my friends since we all live in different states.
    • Is there a turn-by-turn navigation? If google maps has one that'd be awesome!
    • What are the major bugs/annoyances? My BB storm has too many to even list....
    I'm sure I have more but that's all I can think of right now. I can't wait to get the phone!

Advertisement
  2. Reverence

Reverence Well-Known Member

Welcome to droid world. :) I was a blackberry user too, and just switched over to a DInc last week, so I will try and address some of your questions.

From what I have seen there are three sound profiles that you can easily switch between, and those are normal, vibrate, and silent. However, there are a lot of great sound profiling apps that let you setup sound profiles like we had on our blackberries and they have a lot of customization capabilities.

I thought I would miss BBM, but I don't, but then again I didn't use it too much. I haven't tried google chat yet, but from what I read it's suppose to be good.

The turn by turn navigation on the phone is extremely impressive. That paired with google maps makes for an experience that our blackberries could have only dreamed to recreate.

As far as bugs and annoyances go, some people have more problems than others, some people have certain problems while other people don't, and some people are annoyed by some things that other people aren't annoyed by. Pretty much just read through these boards and you will find out some of the general issues that some people are having. But also remember, even though you might see a few threads of people that are experiencing annoyances/bugs, there are tons of other people that aren't, they just aren't posting. ;)

3. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just came across a thread on these forums talking about Lucid, a BBM-like cross-platform chat client (including group chat and picture sharing!). Some negative reviews, but I don't know for myself because I don't have my Incredible yet :(

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/72271-best-chat-app-group-chat-bb-friends.html#post1119393

LuciD messenger