Whipped phone out at gathering last night..General

Last Updated:

1. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Went to a banquent last night...boring as heck...so of course out came the Inc

FRIEND "oh, you got an iphone"

ME, nonchalantly, "Actually it's an Android phone"

FRIEND "You got the Droid?"

ME "No, it's the Incredible on Verizon"

FRIEND "My son says the iphone is better"

ME, in my best -ok time to educate the masses voice - "Ummmm does his wallpaper MOVE?"

ok, I know that's not reason to buy this phone, but, when dealing with people who get distracted by shiny objects....this is most effective ;)

Advertisement
    Mezmryz03, nekoki, icarius and 2 others like this.
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

hahaha thx for the laugh

3. macdaddybuff

macdaddybuff Well-Known Member

Thats the funny thing no matter what. You can count on one thing. Apple people will say Iphone is better and they will have never looked at device. They won't know anything about it. The Iphone is better but they really can't tell you why its better than your new phone.

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Yes.. but.. There are WAY more fart apps on the iPhone.

crimton likes this.
  5. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

i think android is catching up

6. Apollos

Apollos Well-Known Member

iPhone was first.

no iPhone...probably no market for Android either.

I love my Inc, but the 4G iPhone will yet again set the bar for smartphones.

Let's be honest...this is the first true competitor to ANY iPhone.

7. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member

the iphone 4g will simply set the bar for those who have mindless devotion to apple. they cant see beyond what jobs shows them. he is their god.

next time ask him if his iphone can broadcast a ad-hoc network and share the 3g internet?

or if his iphone can play flash video?

although his iphone did one thing better than yours... make him suck up to jobs and appholeism.

8. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member

I also show people the Google Sky App.. Blows people away and iPhone doesnt have it..

:D

Patkid likes this.
  9. Apollos

Apollos Well-Known Member

thanks for the mindless post.

read again, look at some history. for example, look at the cell phone market at the time of the first iPhone release.

Apple invented the first true personal computer, the mouse (and countless true user-intuitive devices), and an OS that Windows unashamedly copied and re-badged "Windows 7."

The only thing worse than Apple worshippers are the ignorant haters that can't admit a superior product because they don't own one.

10. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

I thought that apple stole the idea of the mouse and a gui from an earlier computer that never caught on?

11. cashX3r0

cashX3r0 Well-Known Member

i remember omnia forums claiming iphone killer status. LOL. the simple fact of the matter is people will always think theirs at that moment is best.

12. nstallion

I think it really comes down to this.

The closed way Apple goes about things means your choices are limited, but it will definitely work, and it will be a slick, intuitive experience.

With Android, the open architecture means there are many more possibilities as to how you can configure your phone, but the user is left to fend for themselves regarding the quality of apps and how well they play together.

I own a Droid and love it.
    I own a Macbook Pro and love it.

13. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

Actually, the LG Voyager on Verizon was the first phone to beat the iPhone in a CNET prizefight. This was the Voyager versus the original iPhone, which at the time lacked a lot of current functionality (e.g., cut-and-paste, MMS). Also, the Apple app market didn't exist at the time. So while these qualifications are important to note for historical purposes, your statement is wrong in my opinion.

14. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Yeah, people can't even defend their "iPhone is best" statement. I mean really, who's smart idea was to put only ONE button on the screen? Horribly inefficient. . . The iPhones are more r e t a r d-friendly, which is why I believe they're so popular. Don't get me wrong, I like the iPods, but I want a smartphone, not an iPod with calling features.

15. cacophony

cacophony Member

Yeah, I know.... "My son says that the iPhone is better than this phone that I've never heard of before and therefore obviously never talked to my son about."

16. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

I think that what the author experienced is a result of the bad idea by Vzw to call the Motorola device the Droid, and then name every other device the Droid something. People will tend to associate it with a device that looks like a castoff from Batman's utility belt in the 1987 movie.

17. nstallion

Don't be dissin' the Droid's build quality! If I was strong enough to lift mine over my head I would throw it at you!

18. Corallis

Corallis Active Member

Correct it was actually made by Xerox (not Apple) for the xerox 8010 prototype system. Apple technically stole the idea. The Xerox one was really basic pretty much a block of wood

19. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

My response would have been, "Well that's because your son is an idiot." Then I'd laugh like it was a joke. :D

20. brianweb

brianweb Member

I don't think the 4g iPhone is going to be revolutionary, the same essential user interface with a few hardware updates. You still will have one of two things on your screen - rows of buttons or an app. My mom has an iPhone, she loves it. It is simple for her to use. And I am not saying that the iPhone is only for people who can't figure out an Android. It is very user friendly in its simplicity.

For the last 2 days I have been wrestling with the contacts on my Inc like a lot of people have. Trying to find a blend between not having every single person I have ever sent a gmail to combined with every single Facebook friend VS. manually typing in all the contacts. It has been a frustrating, but worthwhile process. I have now figured out a good work flow and have a beautiful list of contacts that I will actually use merged with their facebook and all other contact info. A favorite page with most common people to call etc

Moral of the story - the iPhone is a nice piece of hardware with a decent OS that does not allow you to do everything you want, but what it does let you do - it does it well. Android lets you do almost anything, which in turn leads to some frustration and trial and error but the end result is a more customized and user friendly experience for that specific user.

My two and a half cents,

Brian

21. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

Apple didn't really invent the mouse. Do a little research into that.

The name mouse, originated at the Stanford Research Institute, derives from the resemblance of early models (which had a cord attached to the rear part of the device, suggesting the idea of a tail) to the common mouse.[1]
    The first marketed integrated mouse

22. 8.5x11

8.5x11 Well-Known Member

This me as well. Wouldn't trade my macbook for anything and wouldn't trade my Incredible either. Don't blindly follow one thing. Never a good idea.

23. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

thats exactly why i sold my iphone.

The blatantly ignorant young iphone users are so annoying.

What ever phone you have, they will always go baaa baa baaa the iphone is better.

I prefer to call them isheep.

24. elroy jetson

elroy jetson Active Member

remember, in the begining, Job's stole his OS from Xerox, before Gates stole it from him...

25. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

Xerox to be exact

edit:eek:ops guess I shoulda read the whole thread before posting