White Clock Fix For You Themers Out There!

Last Updated:

1. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has already been posted....I didn't see it.

I have noticed a bunch of threads in this forum and other forums discussing the white clock fix while using themes. The first fix that I came across was the xUltimate way, which for me was not that big of a deal, but I could see where it might be a problem for some. Well, thanks to Adamz over at the other site, there is a new way to fix this problem as well as adding an easier way to change the fonts within your droid. I have only tested this on the Smoked Theme, but from the way that it works, it looks as if it will work for most themes.

Link:
    AllDroid - View topic - [Rom.tgz] Clock Color & Font Changer v1.0 *2/28*

Installation is simple and is listed on the page as well.

Advertisement
  2. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

And i just spent the last couple days figuring out how to do most of that the manual way...

Looks like it will be a pretty easy way to change all the colors, especially once he adds the ability to change the running notification colors.

3. BenDroid

I agree. This makes things a lot easier. I am uncertain if this works for other themes though. I guess I will test that later.

4. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

I was wondering that as well. I'm thinking my other changes might be lost if I used this to change the clock color as it might just replace the services.jar file.

5. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

I just use the xUltimate thingy..

6. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Does this fix actually change the text color or like the other fix give a lighter background in the clock area?

Edit: Sorry, I should have checked the link before asking. I see you are actually manipulating the text. Nice :rolleyes:

7. BenDroid

Over at the doidmod site in the forums under themes there is also a fix that is used through metamorph. I have not tried it but it looks promising.

8. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

9. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

It is running great here.

[​IMG]

10. BenDroid

Glad to see it working out for everyone. I changed my color to blue and then decided it was too much for me so went back to white. I really like how easy it is.

11. djcr33p

djcr33p Member

I get 404 not found when clicking on the first link, can someone repost please?

12. antwonjenkins

antwonjenkins Well-Known Member

ditto, what's the easiest way to do this?

13. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

The reason you're getting a 404 not found error is that the thread linked was on the old alldroid.org site. When imbonez (or whatever the old owner's user name was) took it down suddenly, he took all the info down as well, effectively losing most of it forever. The new alldroid.org site _might_ have found some of it, but any links to it that are as old as this thread will be dead.

As far as getting this to work, most if not all roms out there usually have some version of spare parts worked into them so you can change your clock colors from the phone itself without having to flash anything.

good luck

14. antwonjenkins

antwonjenkins Well-Known Member

so if the rom that i'm trying to change it on is stock, can I just install spare parts and do it that way?

15. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

You can try. But I think that it is the way some of the custom roms have incorporated the source code for spare parts into their roms that open up more options.

Tyr it and let me know. I _think_ I was able to do it with the version of spare parts that came with Sapphire 0.6.2.