• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White EVO coming

engadget just confirmed that it'll be a best buy exclusive for a few weeks. can't say I like it, thought I would but I don't.

the back looks like the glossy slick plastic instead of the matt rubber finish of the black one. what kills it is that everything else is black, including the power button AND volume buttons. that just looks so out of place imo.

Upvote 0
please correct, but other than a new white colored back, what else is white? the front looks to be the same as the original. so if one just goes and purchases a white back, then he , in essence, has a "white" EVO.. this reminds me of the "with google" backs on certain heros last year... people were returning their phones just to get the "with google" on the back...

Upvote 0
This is direct competition for the iphone. Apple is doing the same thing. The preorders they were taking are for the black iphone and a month later they will start releasing the white iphone. HTC was smart with it this time. They knew that would be happening and they countered it by releasing a white one before the white iphone drops. Some guys won't like it but I know some girls will dig it.

Upvote 0
It's not bad. I like the darker color for my phone, so i probably won't get a white one. And for those saying that those pictures were photoshopped earlier, its not. Those were pics of the prototype when leaks and rumors of the supersonic were coming out. I remember thinking to myself "please don't make the final version white." But i do like that they are giving us more choices.

Upvote 0
HTC previously released multiple colors for other phones, my last phone was the HTC Touch, and it was in a different color for every cell carrier. A friend of mine got the extended battery and gave me his normal sized white back, it is smooth, not soft like the black, the only thing I can think of is either the piano key slick finish, more like the screen's smoothness than plastic. it actually looked pretty cool being half and half, and was unique, no one else had anything like it, even if they had the same phone. real easy to find when you have 4 friends with the same model cell as you. I however will be sticking with black, I like it, at least until I get the Seidio extended 3500mAh battery...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones