• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)

Upvote 0
I thought this was "all set in stone" as official
here is what i know/ have read.

April 5th
White
16gb only
Verizon (obviously) LTE
$199.99 on contract.

also heard they are releasing the typical gray 16gb version as well at the same time.

obviously not official, but its what i have heard.

also heard the white backs on ebay and other sites are legit from Samsung and fit our nexus' just fine. some have already done it over at XDA i believe

Upvote 0
I thought this was "all set in stone" as official
here is what i know/ have read.

April 5th
White
16gb only
Verizon (obviously) LTE
$199.99 on contract.

also heard they are releasing the typical gray 16gb version as well at the same time.

obviously not official, but its what i have heard.

also heard the white backs on ebay and other sites are legit from Samsung and fit our nexus' just fine. some have already done it over at XDA i believe

Same here. I just needed a little more confirmation because I was considering alternative phones on the VZW market. They cut it real close on announcements for some reason.

Upvote 0
I've absolutely been waiting for this. My fiance got the Thunderbolt last year and has been unhappy with it for a long time. When I got my Nexus in Dec she immediately had her eye on it as a possible replacement. When I told her that there might be a white version coming soon, that sealed the deal for her. She asks about once a week now if her "new phone is out in white yet." So, when/if this thing finally makes it to Verizon as a CDMA option, I'll absolutely be picking one up. (Probably at full price too, since we don't have an upgrade to burn.)

Upvote 0
@Droid_life twitter showed him putting the white back on last night. He must of got the components and made his white. He had 3 or 4 tweets about it and when he was done he had a white nexus. Sorry, I'm not good with Twitter so I don't know how to link it. But it was last night he tweeted the pics (Monday, April 9th)

I guess I'll try (link below i think)
https://twitter.com/#!/droid_life

Edit: it's a GSM version........sorry (but still neato)

Edit2: Droid-Life has a video up now on how to do the white change on the gsm

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
@Droid_life twitter showed him putting the white back on last night. He must of got the components and made his white. He had 3 or 4 tweets about it and when he was done he had a white nexus. Sorry, I'm not good with Twitter so I don't know how to link it. But it was last night he tweeted the pics (Monday, April 9th)

I guess I'll try (link below i think)
https://twitter.com/#!/droid_life

Edit: it's a GSM version........sorry (but still neato)

Edit2: Droid-Life has a video up now on how to do the white change on the gsm

That is just a white batter cover. Looks weird w/ the grey imho. You can do much better w/ some slim white cases that are out there.

Upvote 0
Wow didn't know my thread was still active. :D

Update on my quest for answers:

I still haven't found any resolution towards why Verizon decided not to release the white Gnex. So far it's been 2 weeks since it's "proposed date" and not even one tech blogger site questioned the awkward silence, even though they had "reliable intel" on it. I think perhaps Verizon might have canned it since they not once mentioned it's existence.

The problem now is I'm seeing a future for upcoming handsets slated for May and late April release in which puts this 4-month old flagship phone in a pickle.

I'v been in love with this phone, the beautiful screen and the idea of a white shell but I think it's time to hang my hat for something else.

I know the leaked HTC Incredible 4G looks like a plastic bucket but there's hint of an S4 SoC. Could this phone's performance fill my void over a loss of a beautiful phone? I don't think so.... :bike:

Edit: I asked a Verizon rep a while back on any details of an upcoming white Galaxy Nexus but still no luck. It was pretty obvious they weren't going to leak information that's not official yet but hey couldn't hurt to try.

Upvote 0
I was going to say I must of posted the link wrong or something. But the video of the complete back of the phone. It turns the whole phone white (except for the very front like zerocool says)

I didn't see a video. Just the pic of a dark grey phone w/ a white battery cover. Looked like crap.

I don't think an all white back w/ a black front would look much better. If you're going to try, you better go all in......just sayin'

There is a pic here:http://www.technobuffalo.com/mobile...xy-nexus-may-be-headed-to-verizon-next-month/.

Looks like a design afterthought...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones