• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White "line" appearing on my screen...help

If this is the wrong category, I apologize, but I'm relatively new here and not too sure where to put this....

I have an Equinox dual core 10.1" tablet that I've had for almost 2 months now. It works perfectly fine for a cheaper tablet (it only cost 98$ CAD at walmart), next to no complaints....until now.

The other day I turned on the power after having it charging overnight, and I see this line of white "dots" (see images inserted), at the bottom of my screen.
IMG_0349_zpsa9b9e592.jpg
IMG_0350_zps606ef844.jpg

Its not so bad when I am using it lengthwise (panoramic I guess its called), but if i use it the long way, it becomes abit of a hassle.

I have to say, I have never dropped it, bumped it, hit it, dropped water on it, or had it near any moisture. I am EXTREMELY careful with my electronics.

Any idea what caused this and how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance !

p.s... pressing down on the screen doesn't make them disappear or anything.

Sorry the pics are so big

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones