White Nexus anyone?General

1. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I bet the bezel will still be black and therefore ruin the whole device aesthetically.
  3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

white phones = yuk

;)
  4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

If I were interested in a Nexus it'd have to be completely white.
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

6. Loper_fan

Loper_fan Member

Looks like that white "nexus" is the new Samsung Galaxy S4 Google edition coming soon to Google Play store with a $649 price tag.
  7. PlayfulGod

They never called it a Nexus. ;)
  8. Fuzzy13

I wouldn't pay $650 for that thing. I'd rock an old school Razr before I did that.

Such a shame to the nexus folk by doing that.
  9. PlayfulGod

I rather get it from google unlocked with aosp on it than pay a carrier for it. ;)

IMO tho the Nexus 4 is a better bang for the buck tho. Now if the US S4 had the octa it might be different. ;)
  10. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

Yeah - I was disappointed that they didn't announce a N4 with 32GB of storage. Hopefully the N5 will finally break that barrier.
  11. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I imagine there will still be a Nexus in October/November no matter the lack of announcement at I/O.

I can't see the sequence being broken this time.
  12. PilotBob

PilotBob Well-Known Member

Same here... but since they didn't I cracked open the box of my new N4 last night and played with it a bit. Tonight I plan to root it, then get the t-mo pre-paid setup and see what it can do. I'm hoping the HSPA+ is much better than the 3G on my Optimus Elite.

That said, I don't think I would like a white phone.

BOb
  13. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

I just don't like white phones cause I always wonder would the color fade like on the HTC One for example, that white strip that goes around the body and highlights it, if you don't have a case I see that discoloring to a yellowish hue or just becoming dirty eventually because its like a piece of rubber it felt like.
  14. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

I was really expecting the white Nexus 4 or for the 32 gb version... or both. But none of them made it.
  15. PlayfulGod

When have they ever came out with a Nexus revision mid year???
  16. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

True, but we can always whine and dream like the good little fanboys we are! :D
    msndrstood likes this.
  17. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of white for devices but it would look kool along with my white Galaxy Tablet!!!
  18. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I think a white phone should be completely white! Not almost all white with a black bezel and then of course, the screen. Just my opinion!

As for the GS4 Google Edition... Come on guys, it's a hot phone with killer specs, and stock Android.
  19. Fuzzy13

Well hell, I guess I'm the only one that's giddy about this phone.

I prefer the black bezel because the black breaks up the white and makes it punch more. I had a white gnex but I put the white housing on a black phone so I could keep the non white face.

But like I said earlier, I'll just buy the white battery cover of eBay for 60 bucks and I have a white nexus, with the option of switching back.
  20. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

They did last year after releasing the Nexus 7 with 8 or 16gb in June, they released the 32gb and data enabled Nexus 7s in November.
  21. Fuzzy13

Of course it would rather be obtained through Google.

I would rather have my women through Google if I could. Lol
  22. PlayfulGod

that was a new line altogether tho. ;)
  23. timmyh318

timmyh318 Well-Known Member

With the nexus s. In mid year they released the wimax 4g version on sprint the nexus s 4g.
  24. PilotBob

PilotBob Well-Known Member

I only think there were going to, because many have reported they have been seen in the wild. If they do rev the N4 shortly after my 15 day return window I'm gonna be bummed. 32GB and official LTE support are the only things about this Nexus that make me consider not keeping it, returning it and getting the HTC One, even though I love the root/ROM support for the Nexus.

BOb