1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

White Nexus anyone?General

1. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I've never had a white phone discolor and that's usually the only color I get my phones in.
  2. kingdeeray

kingdeeray Well-Known Member

I might sale mines on ebay and order the white one.
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Just wait and get the white battery cover. Since the face is still black, the back is the only thing that's white so you can just swap out the battery cover and have a white Nexus. $60 and be done with it. Granted you will have to wait until the battery covers show up on Ebay but I don't think that will take too long. There's a seller on Ebay that sells Brand New N4 battery covers by the truck load for $52 or $54 I think so I'm sure he will get some white ones as well. I might email him and ask.
  4. Fuzzy13

I've never seen a white phone discolor either. Even the white Gnex I had stayed white as white can get and Im a smoker. Even little marks here and there are less noticeable compared to a black one.

I just love white phones. Can't believe so many people dislike them especially this white Nexus 4. That back of the N4 with the white is just amazing to me. I cant wait to get my hands on it. :D
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The White One X was really bad for it iirc.

PSA: If You Wear Blue Jeans, Stay Away from the White HTC One X (Black X Is Okay)

I'm not overly opposed to a white Nexus, not sure I'd be a fan if it was sparkly like the black one, but I'd have to see it in person.
  6. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Well, most of what is white is covered in glass so it's just the sides to worry about, right?
  7. Fuzzy13

8. realizm

realizm Well-Known Member

Wait...You're telling me if HTC makes an all aluminum Nexus phone with a 5 inch screen(virtually no bezel)1080p screen res, an ultra pixel camera, Snapdragon 800 cpu, that you wouldn't want it? I would be curious as to why you wouldn't...
    Price the HTC nexus 5 @
    349 for the 16GB
    400 for the 32GB
  9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Is this just white or the 32gb LTE version?
  10. El Presidente

No one knows. The 32gb version everyone thought would materialise at IO didn't happen so no one knows what the deal is.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I saw a few articles referencing the white one would be released along with 4.3 this summer
    El Presidente likes this.
  12. Fuzzy13

I have personal reasons of not buying an HTC device. Also Apple does get a portion of every phone sold so your also supporting Apple by doing so.

I'm a Nexus person. Always will be.
  13. xnickfx

xnickfx Member

I'll stick with my black one :)
  14. xnickfx

xnickfx Member

Whoever wouldn't want that new rumored Nexus with those hardware specs has got to be out of their mind!
  15. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

umm same with Samsung. ;)
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  16. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

I actually love the fact that the upcoming white Nexus 4 is only white on the back. I hate the look of a white iPhone 5 or GS3 with a big black box in the middle (the screen). I would much rather have just the back white and the front stay all black. Otherwise it just looks weird when turned off.
  17. Beef Cake

Beef Cake Active Member

What improvements are on here?

The device itself looks ugly as feck in white to be honest. The black one looks much smarter.
  18. Loper_fan

Loper_fan Member

19. El Presidente

Off Topic stuff deleted. Let stick to talking about the White Nexus please. :)

Any issues with the deletes, drop me a PM.
    Fuzzy13 likes this.
  20. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Haha, we barely got going ;-) - about the white Nexus I mean.

Anyway, as I said before I find the whole black fascia too much against the white. HTC got the white/silver One right by giving the colouration to the speakers top and bottom.

The back of the white N4 looks nicer to me than the black one however.
  21. Fuzzy13

What it's worth, I enjoyed our civilized discussion. ;) Don't see that often.

I'm a fan of white and black. White and black was very popular in the late 90s early 00s with cars. White car, black rims, lips, carbon fiber hood, etc..... we called it the "panda look". Point is I personally love the white nexus. A solid white front also, makes it look odd.

But I would love to see some experimentation with the next one. I'm not an aluminum fan because it scratches so easily.
  22. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Nope I will pass and wait on N5.....a color doesn't justify another $349.00
  23. Fuzzy13

It doesn't.

But a 50 dollar white battery cover justifies it. :p