White Noise in Background callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Goten

Goten Active Member This Topic's Starter

So the phone was working fine for a few days. All calls were clear, however today when I got home and made a call the call was not clear and had a background noise that sounds like a shower or white nose. All subsequent calls I make have this background noise and I tried rebooting the phone, putting my sim card in another phone (call was clear on other phone), and tried factory resetting the nexus. The noise still persists.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this problem and what you would suggest I do. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Goten

Goten Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if I wasn't specific, the noise comes in from the earpiece and speakerphone. So it's what I would hear, not the other person. The other person on the line hears me fine without the noise.

3. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member

Yes I noticed this today too, never happened, started today, doesn't happen while listening to music or video, only with calls. It is not the speakerphone, or earpiece problem don't think because I hooked up my headphones too and it was coming through them, a white noise like a shower running, only on calls, not video or anything else.

Weird, maybe a network problem or something, gotta keep an eye on it cause it is very distracting.

4. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member

bump anyone else getting this started 2 days ago, it's gotta be tmobile specific I am thinking?

5. mobiousdigital

mobiousdigital Active Member

o2 UK here and all fine. So maybe it is carrier specific?