• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White Noise: This will help you sleep now! A Fantastic App!

D

davzig

So, does it work? Heck yes!

THE GOOD:
An easy to use and very simple display. Scroll through the sounds as if
they were pictures in your gallery! And now they've added a new clock display!---

The 40 sounds that come with the paid and light versions are definitely of a high quality. Probably the best I've found from any sound apps.---

The settings menu couldn't be any easier and offers obvious options like
a timer to shut-off whatever noise you're jamming too!---

You can also do other things on your phone while the noise is playing!---

Updates seem to come every two months or so, but so far they have always added new features and the app continues to get better with each time. ---

THE BAD:

The only complaint I can offer up is that the timer "retains" the previous time you
have set for it, which can be annoying when you want to set a new timer.
You have to open the options menu; stop the previous timer; then start the timer again;
enter in the time and set it before it will work. And when you are half asleep and bleary eyed an extra 3 steps and 4 buttons can be a little bit of a nuisance. SEEMS LIKE THIS COULD BE SIMPLER

I might complain that there should be a "stop sound" button on the main display, to quickly kill the noise. But its another two button taps and a trip to the options menu to get this done.

And while I will in no way say that the sounds are not of high quality, if you listen very closely you can hear slight looping in some of the nature clips. But again, so very minor.

THE UGLY:
None on this list!

ANY LAST WORDS:

Even though not all the sounds are for everyone (ex. fans, chirping frogs, Tibetan bowl of sorrow) this app does exactly what it says and it does it better than any other white noise app out there. So...when my girlfriend isn't staying over, I use it to fall asleep every night.

HERE Here's a video demo of the app in action!!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones