• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whitney Houston Dead

Yeh I did, and looked her up on Wikipedia. She was an American singer. TBH I think I might have heard of her at sometime, but couldn't think what she did though apart from what I read on the Wiki.

EDIT:

BTW I just phoned a friend in Hangzhou, and he'd never heard of her either.

She was popular in the 80's early 90's.

a song she was very well known for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyQdCJwJZck&feature=related

Upvote 0
I just phoned a friend in Hangzhou, and he'd never heard of her either.

I'm showing my age again. :eek: I just assumed that everybody would know the name because of "the voice" - she had a phenomenal range and clarity in her heyday. It's always sad to lose a great talent. Sobering too.... I'll be that age in six weeks.

Upvote 0
A tragic cautionary tale that will go ignored as it has in the past (Amy Winehouse, Kurt Colbain, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendricks, Janis Joplin, etc.). Celebrity brings big fame, big money and big excess. Tragic not because of her celebrity but because it's always tragic when one dies so young and for so little purpose. Are you listening Lindsey Lohan?

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
Though we don't yet know the official cause of death, her own words sum things up for me-"crack is whack". Addiction is a terrible thing, even more so for the loved ones than the addict themselves. My thoughts go out to her daughter and the rest of her family. While her music wasn't my cup of tea, there's no denying her talent. Also, this should be yet another reminder to everyone that money doesn't buy happiness. Value the important things in life. R.I.P., Ms.Houston.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones