Who do I contact?General

Last Updated:

1. darthmario

darthmario Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having a lot of problems with my phone including the scrolling to the left problem, which is a hardware issue. I contacted Verizon centralized customer service today and spoke to someone who said since I have insurance on my phone I can contact Asurion and get it replaced (for a fee). He of course told me that it was NOT a known issue, and we can discuss replacement possibilities with another phone if I end up having similar issues with a replacement Eris.

I have had this phone for 9 months so it is still under manufacturer's warrantee. Shouldn't I be able to get it replaced for free via Verizon and not Asurion?

My question is should I contact a Verizon STORE and speak with a supervisor, or is my only option to go through Asurion and pay the fee to replace my phone (more likely than not only to have to replace it again).

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Try calling again, and, if that isn't helpful, try going into a store. The trackball issue has been reported many times in this forum. I simply cannot believe sometimes how different people's experiences are with Verizon customer support.

You can ask them to go into google and enter this search term: eris trackball problem - it's pretty clear that you are not the only person who has suffered from this.

3. darthmario

I guess my question is - When I'm at the Verizon automated menu when I dial into a local store, should I push 3 for equipment questions/problems or push 4 for centralized customer service

one takes me to the store employees/supervisors
    one takes me to some call center somewhere in the US

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Why not just go to a physical store?

5. darthmario

I've heard it's much better to call - that they will just do a factory reset and send you on your way if you go into the store

6. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

i just went through all of this, so heres what you do

call (800) 922-0204 from a landline
    enter your cell number
    option 3 for tech support, then give your short explanation
    option 0 for a real person

then explain that your having issues and need a refurb. they wont give you a hard time about getting a replacement, its a pretty easy process, ive gone through 6 already :eek:

7. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

I told the guy on the that I had to have a working phone for work. So they are sending me a Droid 2.

8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I went to the store, and they just sent a request for a replacement phone. Of course, I think I probably had the manager so he was actually competent, and also owned an Incredible so its not like he was a complete idiot when it came to Android phones.