• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

who does this does?

I noticed this at Wimbledon. I can see posters being put up reminding people to be considerate of others, like there is on trains with phones & stereos. Because some people still need to be told how to behave :rolleyes: :D .

I fear for some of these people's safety. It used to be that ipod owners would flirt with any thieves nearby by wearing white earbuds. It's saying: "I care not for sound quality because someone is going to rob me in a minute!"

Now they have upped the ante by holding the whole unit aloft! "Look at me! Look at me! I'm an idiot & I'm made of money!"

It's like an auction without money changing hands :D.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
DC has quite a problem with phones being stolen on the Metro system, especially as doors are opening/closing, thieves can snatch em in no time. I see lots of iPads on the bus and train and I hope those people know to hold em tight.
That said, this is pretty ridiculous. I once saw someone in public using the camera of their Mac Air(!) taking pictures. :eek:
Also, did anyone notice the guy at football practice's reflection looks eerily like Steve Jobs?

Upvote 0
Very funny yes, but I do find it quite awkward when people do this in public places. I'm sure most of these folks have iPhones, can't they just use them for these purposes & transfer the stuff later to their iPads ?

I sometimes use an 8 x 10 view camera. Talk about inconvenient . . . even I find the iPad photographers a tad goofy.

Upvote 0
again who brings an ipad camping?

(Crazy Misguided Member!)

HEY bruizer! :D

I really love camping!

I love it soooo much I used to do it in Counter Strike, and other shoot em ups and BLOW away people when I was sitting behind a corner waiting for the criminal scum to turn their backs on me.

I LOVE camping it is like a special talent I was born with!!

:D

Counterstrike Camping - YouTube

:)

And it is really awesome to have an ipad / tablet with you to keep you happy especially on those loooong time periods when waitin for unfortunate well mannered players to pass by and then

WHAM!

You shoot them right in the back! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones