Who else pre-ordered their EVO today?

Last Updated:

1. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I put down my $50 at Best Buy. Getting the full retail price, but I cannot wait!

Edit: Canceled my pre-order with Best Buy a week ago after learning of the mark-up. Got a Google I/O EVO from an xda member for $500, though. :D

Advertisement
  2. smccue

smccue Member

Pre ordered mine today at a Sprint store. Best part is they will give me $100 bucks for my piece of sh*t Pre on buy back. Everybody is a winner!!

3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I did two preorders at Radio Shack, but actually went through EVPdiscounts and ordered two. So I believe evp will send the phone out a day or two earlier overnight according to the rep and I'll just use the $100 at radio shack for any accessory I may want to get. I go there alot anyway, so it won't be money lost.

TS

4. kmbutts

kmbutts Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered mine @ The Shack, got the $20 gift card, and got to play with the DM's EVO!!!:D:cool::D

5. SkunkApe

SkunkApe Well-Known Member

also went to RS and pre ordered mine today.

now we play the waiting game for two weeks :(

6. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

Did you guys get a 20 dollar gift card for the accessory credit, or is it just anyone who preorders get the credit.

I also confirmed with the manager that i can use the 10 dollar off survey coupon, and I also got sent another 10 dollar off coupon through email.

7. kmbutts

I did receive the 20 dollar gift card. I do believe that it is for anyone who pre orders, but I could be wrong. Can someone confirm this?

8. Roman G.

Thanks for the reply, I know the 20 credit is only for peeps that preorder, I was just wondering if you all got a 20 gift card or if you just show up to pickup your phone and you just get the 20 dollar credit.

9. Night Train

Night Train Active Member

Ordered mine last week and was told I'd get a twenty dollar gift cert. I'll use it for the car charger... (Radio Shack)

10. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

I would like to know this as well. I ordered mine yesterday at the shack but didn't receive the $20 credit. Was told I got on, but then left and totally forgot to ask about it....Figured I got it when I would pick up the device. Can anyone confirm?

11. Clearo

Clearo New Member

I ordered mine on Friday at Radio Shack. Surprisingly, mine was the first one that had been pre ordered at the Brandon, Florida store. I got it for $199 plus a $50 gift card. Good deal.

12. SkunkApe

for the people asking about the credit...you dont get a $20 gift card. the only gift card you should have received was for the $50 deposit. I confirmed this with my sales rep, he said you get the $20 accessory credit once you pick up your pre ordered phone. i made sure to double check with him. So all they do is honor the $20 accessory credit once you pick it up.

and worse case, if you're worried that you didnt get anything saying you would get it, just go to radioshack.com and print out the main page ad saying you get the credit...for proof.

eric3316 likes this.
  13. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

Um, didn't you pay for the $50 gift card? You need to use that card towards the purchase of the phone. It is not a free gift card.....

14. kmbutts

When I placed my pre order at Radio Shack yesterday, I did get the receipt for the $50 deposit, but in addition the rep also gave me the $20 gift card as well!

Maybe this is something that is done on a store by store basis or a regional basis. I believe the best thing to do is to call or visit your local Radioshack store to verify what they are offering.

15. SkunkApe

yea it seems some did get the $20 gift card. guess it all depends on where you go.... but i did make sure to ask my sales rep twice about the credit...and also asked if i get a addition $20 gift card. he just said ill get the credit once i pick up my phone...so either way i should be good :)

16. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

Unless some people got TWO gift cards, the only card they give people is the $50.00 deposit non-refundable card.

The $20.00 for accessory is available when you pick-up and buy EVO.

17. SkunkApe

yea...thats how i thought it would be too

18. Roman G.

I think some stores just are not in the know, as the 20 credit is suppose to be at time of purchase of the evo, not the next day or next week.
    If you got a 20 dollar gift card you will be able to use that anytime, and prolly when you pickup the phone ask where is my 20 dollar credit for stuff, and then also whip out your 20 dollar gift card.:D

19. tsatrom

tsatrom Active Member

Edit: Canceled my pre-order with Best Buy a week ago after learning of the mark-up. Got a Google I/O EVO from an xda member for $500, though. :D[/QUOTE]

What do you mean after learning about the mark-up? More info please. Thanks

20. andddlay

andddlay Well-Known Member

Does Sprint only do buy backs at point-of-sale? or can I walk into best buy, buy the phone, then go across the street to a sprint store and sell my pre there?

21. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you mean after learning about the mark-up? More info please. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm not eligible for a full upgrade, so I'd be buying the phone at full retail. Best Buy is marking up the $450 retail to $600, and I wasn't going to put up with that.

22. Clearo

Clearo New Member

My $50 gift card can be used to buy accessories, or to pay down the cost of the phone. The $199 phone would then be $150. At least that was my understanding at the time of my pre order. Worst case scenario is that I have a $200 phone and I have a gift card to use.

23. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

I just read my receipt and that is correct.

24. kali kid 619

kali kid 619 Active Member

I didnt think Sprint was doing pre orders for the EVO?

25. Zanthexter

Zanthexter Member

Yes, at Best Buy and Radio Shack.

Radio Shack pre-order comes with a $20 credit towards an accessory (with the retail vs online cost of accessories, that $20 is kinda a wash.)

Best Buy is rumored to be offering a free Bluetooth earpiece if you ask them to price match Radio Shack when you go to pick up the EVO.

Some Radio Shack and Best Buy stores are no longer taking pre-orders, as they've reached the limits of what they are allowed to reserve. Some are even assigning people specific time slots to come pick up their orders.