• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who got it for $349?

voogru

Jul 18, 2010
It seems that the $349 price was at one point, official.

I called the store in advance, the girl told me the phone was $575 with a $100 rebate, I told her that's not right, but I'd come anyway since they had them in stock.

I went there, told them I was given the wrong price and the rep confirmed it was $499 and not $575.

I started the transaction and the phone rang up at $349, he saw what happened but we completed the transaction.

Obviously, somebody screwed up somewhere down the line. Attached a picture of the receipt.

Obviously this is a pricing error, if anyone is on the fence about this phone, it might be worth a shot to try your luck, because this will be fixed by tomorrow.

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 114
I just got it for $349.99 a couple hours ago. Funny thing, is even the DISPLAY said $349.99 no-commitment, $199.99 with 2YR contract.

Rang up as $349.99, so didn't even have to argue!

This was in South Florida, around 12:30PM or so today.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, what a BAD@SS phone this captivate is!!!

BTW, I had to correct a sales rep, who was telling a couple that the iPhone 4 had a faster processor, more memory, and more space than the captivate, as well as telling them there was a 10% restocking fee on the iPhone 4.

Think everyone knows the i4 and Cappy both have 1gHz Arm8 procs, but cappie has the SGX540 GPU, as well as both having 16GB flash, and the i4 DOES NOT have a restocking fee right now, even thru the AT&T store.

Frustrating, really - these store reps are literally just making up sh!t!

T

Upvote 0
I got mine friday afternoon at a corp store for $349.99. On Sunday I went to a different corp store to find a case. They didn't have any in stock, and when i asked about the pricing the guy looked at the display-card and said "$499.99". I'm unsure if the original store that i got it from has corrected their pricing, but I would assume so.

Upvote 0
Name of the store? maybe they have website I can order from?

Actually, an AT&T Corporate Store.

18275 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
954-431-4434

Pic attached of display - hopefully it's readable (taken on backflip)

EDIT: I'll try to get a better picture later - gotta stop by and see MGR to get my acct fixed from that backflip returned in April. Lemme know if this pic is OK for you folks... Or if you need a pic of the receipt. Item shows as SKU 65187, "PHO SAMI897 BLK UMTS" at $349.99. Repeating, this was today, 7/19/2010, 12:22:46PM, South Florida, Corporate AT&T Store #0134.

T

Attachments

• Copy of 2010-07-19 12.14.45.jpg
    Copy of 2010-07-19 12.14.45.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
I got mine on Sunday. The card beside the display phone clearly said $499 no commitment.

AT&T announced Friday that it made a mistake with the price, it was never supposed to be $349. However I should have had someone ring it up to see if it would ring up at 349. I really didnt want to sign on for a two year commitment with AT&T.

Upvote 0
I went in fully prepared, with printouts, to argue for the $349.99, and play stupid.

Went to look at the display, lo and behold, $349.99 right there on the display in the corporate store.

Needless to say, I quickly asked for one, it rang up as $349.99, paid, done deal!

Let me know if you need a clearer picture - I was going to check another corporate store about 3 miles away from that one in a mall to see if they had cases, so I'll report back what THAT one says.

Could there be a difference in territories? Or some have been updated to $499 but others haven't?

Seriously - $349 is a STEAL! Off contract, the little Aria is what, $379?

T

Upvote 0
Actually, an AT&T Corporate Store.

18275 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
954-431-4434

Pic attached of display - hopefully it's readable (taken on backflip)

EDIT: I'll try to get a better picture later - gotta stop by and see MGR to get my acct fixed from that backflip returned in April. Lemme know if this pic is OK for you folks... Or if you need a pic of the receipt. Item shows as SKU 65187, "PHO SAMI897 BLK UMTS" at $349.99. Repeating, this was today, 7/19/2010, 12:22:46PM, South Florida, Corporate AT&T Store #0134.

T

Lucky dog.. should get 2 and sell one on Ebay to get your money back

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones