• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has an official 2.3.4 firmware update via Kies?

Andylfc5

Lurker
Jan 20, 2011
Thought I would start a thread for people waiting for the official update through Kies, and who are not interested in using Odin.

So if you have updated via Kies can you post when you updated, who is your carrier, and what country you are in.

I am still waiting for it, I got my S2 from Carphone Warehouse, its unbranded and unlocked but still nothing.

So 40 minutes ago I thought "that's me, I'll see what Kies tells me". So stupid. First it wouldn't sense that the phone was connected. So I shut everything else down and tried again. And again. And then it crashed my laptop with a Blue Screen Of...very poorly! Just managed to get it all back up and running (at work...oops) and have decided to uninstall Kies here and at home and join the Root/Flash/Odin brigade! So, sorry that your first respondent has abandoned the cause! (YNWA).

Upvote 0
Hi,

first post since getting my Galaxy, I bought a sim free unlocked Galaxy yesterday, and I have just updated it via Kies to what it says is the new version, and the phone is showing Gingerbread version 2.3.3

Regards

Andrew

That's OK. 2.3.4 not been released for kies on uk - should be this month.

Upvote 0
I was messing about for a few minutes with Ice Cream Sandwich on a Nexus S, and it seemed flawless. Unfortunately I was watched so couldn't really do anything with it, and they wouldn't answer any questions :(

I used to jailbreak my iPhone but with the GS2 I can't be bothered rooting it, as it does everything I need without needing to.
Obviously if 2.3.4 solved major issues i'd be on it already but I think I can happily wait for the Kies update. I actually thought due to this thread that it was out and did feel disappointed seeing no update. :p

Mine is PDA:KF3 /PHONE:KE7 /CSC:KD1 (XEU) <-- Now i need to know what it means

Upvote 0
What does 2.3.4 have to offer over 2.3.3

Likely so little that it is not worth the trouble.

My SG2 has worked without flaw on 2.3.3 and I am not looking forward to chnaging until there a reason.:p

yeah there's not much really. although on the SGS2, the firmware running 2.3.4 has far superior battery life to anything i had on 2.3.3.. even if ur happy with ur battery now, u'll definitely notice an improvement.. n we should get google video chat on a 2.3.4 firmware sometime soon (im hoping) although u can flash that update even if ur on 2.3.3, if ur rooted. and in general, i found stuff to run a bit smoother on the newer firmware, on 2.3.4

Upvote 0
It's odd really, I always assumed unlocked phones would get quicker updates, but seems with this phone, it's last lol :D

I am unlocked, bought on O2, but unbranded, and still on KF3. Works fine though so I suppose I have no problem waiting, just love seeing them updates lol :D
Same here O2 contract phone, unbranded/unlocked, just checked no update as yet, one thing I will say.....just had my S2 replaced (won't bore you with the details) but with the first S2 there was an update ready on Kies, straight out of the box, but with my new one, its up to date already out of the box, maybe a new batch of them have been released or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones