+++ Who has FREEZING problems? +++Support

Last Updated:

1. Xman007

Xman007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone freezes 2/3 times a day. The remedy is to take the battery out and reboot. This usually happens when I'm using the camera, or trying to view saved photos, or gallery.

Does anyone else has the same thing? What's the best way to over come this?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member

Some in certain applications but so far nothing that I've noticed with freezing. It may have locked up once or twice but not with any consistency.

3. Lavon

Lavon New Member

I have encountered the same problem, and I also take the battery out & reboot.

4. cornfed

cornfed New Member

Take your phones back and get a replacement. That's not normal.

5. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I would do a factory reset, and then take your phones back if that doesn't work.

My X has never frozen. Not once.

I had one instance when I was on the leaked 2.2 and had widgetlocker installed where I was pressing the wake button immediately as I got a phone call - the phone was ringing, but I couldn't get the screen to wake up. As soon as it kicked over to voicemail, the phone started responding again.

That's the closest I've ever had to a lockup and it happened once, with two things installed that could have affected it, and I haven't experienced it since.

6. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

I agree.
    Never once have I had a freeze or reboot.

7. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

I've experienced this in the past but these were merely like 3-4 sec delays which was remedied by turning the screen off and back on. Replace the phone with a certified-like new device and the problem has been relegated. - 0 freezes.

8. esn

esn Well-Known Member

This is a known issue with the Droix X and Verizon is well aware of it. I am on my second one and still have the issue and they won't send me another one because they said it won't fix the issue. This issue is well documented on Motos support web site. I personally filed a BBB complaint against Verizon over this very issue.

9. Jasonk1971

Jasonk1971 Member

Mine freezes up in navigation mode during heavy use and then cant find the satellites - have to cycle power to get it to recapture.

10. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

Mine froze up when using AIM usually. About once a day was my frequency. I eventually got into the boot options menu, and wiped the user data. It's running without a freeze for 2 days now. Yeah it'll remove your apps and all,but its worth it.

11. Xman007

census is: It's freezing seems to be a common problem, i'm not sure if iphone has the same problems due to their software & hardware BOTH designed by apple. i'm kind of kicking myself in the bottom for not getting an iphone. i know iphone has called dropping problems sometimes. but it's a tradeoff, hello better user interface, more applications/features/design...

In fact, it just froze again right now as I was using voice activated typing. Had to forceclose it. I'm sure I'll get the next gen iphone.

12. Xman007

census is: It's freezing seems to be a common problem, i'm not sure if iphone has the same problems due to their software & hardware BOTH designed by apple. i'm kind of kicking myself in the bottom for not getting an iphone. i know iphone has called dropping problems sometimes. but it's a tradeoff, hello better user interface, more applications/features/design...

In fact, it just froze again right now as I was using voice activated typing. Had to forceclose it. I'm sure I'll get the next gen iphone.