• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has gone from HTC Hero to Optimus s?

NJ Dave

Lurker
Jun 20, 2010
I had my daughter on my old Hero and it Lags. What are users that went from Hero to Optimus take on the phone for me to change her over? Worth it? Hers is still under contract so I have to buy her one outright someplace if so.

Thank you!

I really enjoy the forums here! Now if we could get the govt to work like the forums!!

If you want a fast Sprint HTC Hero, you can root it and install the AOSP Android 2.2 v9.9 ROM. It more than doubles the Linpack scores of a stock Sprint HTC Hero, and it ALMOST as fast as an Android 2.1 equipped Google Nexus One in the Quadrant score, which is impressive to say the least.

That being said, a lot of people do not want to root to take full advantage of their handsets and I understand that. I only just rooted mine last week, but I am looking forward to the customization that is ahead of me. I have been following the Sprint LG Optimus S forum for a while and it looks like a solid handset to have. The fact that it starts with Android 2.2 that is nearly stock is also a big plus, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I just came from a 768 mhz overclocked hero runing 2.2 CM6 which I loved. I didnt think about leaving the hero until I found out how fast this phone was. I rooted and oc'd the Optimus to 806 mhz and it flies. I got 53.4 fps on Neocore which is double that of the HTC Incredible which I thought was a bad ass phone. I had a best of 509 quadrant on my Froyo Hero and have got 1352 thus far on my Optimus S.

I found the phone brand new on craigslist for $120 so I decided to give it a try and am very happy I did so.

The only things I miss are; 1)Notification LED, 2)Trackball, 3)The CM6 Notification bar pull down power widget. Besides that dont care about leaving the hero.

Upvote 0
I just came from a 768 mhz overclocked hero runing 2.2 CM6 which I loved. I didnt think about leaving the hero until I found out how fast this phone was. I rooted and oc'd the Optimus to 806 mhz and it flies. I got 53.4 fps on Neocore which is double that of the HTC Incredible which I thought was a bad ass phone. I had a best of 509 quadrant on my Froyo Hero and have got 1352 thus far on my Optimus S.

I found the phone brand new on craigslist for $120 so I decided to give it a try and am very happy I did so.

The only things I miss are; 1)Notification LED, 2)Trackball, 3)The CM6 Notification bar pull down power widget. Besides that dont care about leaving the hero.

Can you tell me your setup currently. I just swapped my old hero for the optimus and I am rooted and was runninga custom rom but back to stock now.

Are you running a kernel, jit on or off, what rom?

Upvote 0
Can you tell me your setup currently. I just swapped my old hero for the optimus and I am rooted and was runninga custom rom but back to stock now.

Are you running a kernel, jit on or off, what rom?

I'm running Thunderom 1.5, Xionia Kernel 2.6.32.26, I have stagefrieght, JIT and Hardware exceleration tuned on. All this is available at Android Central...

Reactions: Droidone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones