Who has gone from HTC Hero to Optimus s?General

Last Updated:

1. NJ Dave

NJ Dave New Member This Topic's Starter

I had my daughter on my old Hero and it Lags. What are users that went from Hero to Optimus take on the phone for me to change her over? Worth it? Hers is still under contract so I have to buy her one outright someplace if so.

Thank you!

I really enjoy the forums here! Now if we could get the govt to work like the forums!!

Advertisement
  2. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Just got my daughter's optimus last night. It's not activated, but MUCH better than my memory of the hero.

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

If you want a fast Sprint HTC Hero, you can root it and install the AOSP Android 2.2 v9.9 ROM. It more than doubles the Linpack scores of a stock Sprint HTC Hero, and it ALMOST as fast as an Android 2.1 equipped Google Nexus One in the Quadrant score, which is impressive to say the least.

That being said, a lot of people do not want to root to take full advantage of their handsets and I understand that. I only just rooted mine last week, but I am looking forward to the customization that is ahead of me. I have been following the Sprint LG Optimus S forum for a while and it looks like a solid handset to have. The fact that it starts with Android 2.2 that is nearly stock is also a big plus, in my opinion.

4. Jessicalt1

Jessicalt1 Well-Known Member

I am a former Hero owner... The Optimus S blows the Hero out of the water. Granted, I never rooted mine, but stock... so much better!

5. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

^^^ ... Exactly what he said.

6. Aristo

Aristo Member

7. scmastertech

scmastertech Member

I had a Hero rooted with CM and it was alot better than the stock hero but it is no copmarison to the Optimus S. The Optimus has virtually no lag, even on the stock rom. I would not go back to the hero.

8. fifedogg

fifedogg Active Member

I just came from a 768 mhz overclocked hero runing 2.2 CM6 which I loved. I didnt think about leaving the hero until I found out how fast this phone was. I rooted and oc'd the Optimus to 806 mhz and it flies. I got 53.4 fps on Neocore which is double that of the HTC Incredible which I thought was a bad ass phone. I had a best of 509 quadrant on my Froyo Hero and have got 1352 thus far on my Optimus S.

I found the phone brand new on craigslist for $120 so I decided to give it a try and am very happy I did so.

The only things I miss are; 1)Notification LED, 2)Trackball, 3)The CM6 Notification bar pull down power widget. Besides that dont care about leaving the hero.

9. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Can you tell me your setup currently. I just swapped my old hero for the optimus and I am rooted and was runninga custom rom but back to stock now.

Are you running a kernel, jit on or off, what rom?

10. fifedogg

fifedogg Active Member

I'm running Thunderom 1.5, Xionia Kernel 2.6.32.26, I have stagefrieght, JIT and Hardware exceleration tuned on. All this is available at Android Central...

Droidone likes this.
  11. jwp1223

jwp1223 Well-Known Member

What program do you use to root? I would like to overclock the processor myself....

12. fifedogg

fifedogg Active Member

1 Click root :) Just install and run Z4Root.apk

Attached Files:

jwp1223 likes this.
  13. jwp1223

jwp1223 Well-Known Member

Ok....got it installed....(created my own QR barcode)...now I just need to figure out how to overclock this thing.

14. Luckywuffboi

Luckywuffboi Member

I had the hero, it was an OK phone.. but the optimums, in my opinion, BLOWS the hero out the water.. i love the optimums, it's so much more snappier and thinner, overall better to me..