• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has received their phone?

I got mine last Thursday. I've been having fun clicking around and learning the ins and outs of how things work. Verizon won't have cases or accessories until the 29th, so I'm carrying mine in an old eyeglass case. I didn't get a memory card but I had an 8 GB one hanging around so that's not an issue. Any files on the memory card that are in a folder named "ringtones" will be available as phone ringtones. Battery life appears to be a big problem for my use so I will be interested in any discussion of how to maximize that.

Upvote 0
i have a wierd question: how do you turn your phone all the way off? it appears holding the power button just puts it in sleep mode, but i want to know how to turn it all the way off so it has to re-boot

If it's anything like the Eris, you have to hold down the power button till you get a menu. Select Power Off from the menu.

Online tracking says my Incredible got delivered about an hour ago but I won't be home till 8pm or so. :)

Upvote 0
i have a wierd question: how do you turn your phone all the way off? it appears holding the power button just puts it in sleep mode, but i want to know how to turn it all the way off so it has to re-boot

Well on the eris you just push the power button for a second and a screen pops up asking you what you want to do. You can shut off gps, data, wifi, put it to sleep or shut it down.

Upvote 0
These guys are stoked for those that has incredibles!
I'm thinking 4-29 for me...
startrek1.gif

Reactions: jpt and Tony Touch
Upvote 0
^how long is your battery lasting you?
I was in a training class all day Saturday and it was almost down to nothing after 12 hours. I tried to look at a web page during a break and there on the screen was the image of a D cell battery with a red line down near the bottom. Accessible from there was a nice display of which application was eating the most battery power. The application in the lead was a Bic lighter display that I had downloaded just for fun. I have no idea why that would still be running, because I thought I had turned it off when I was last done with it.

With GPS and Wi-fi and bluetooth turned off, and just Gmail and Twitter running, my battery is down to about one third strength after about 7 hours of being unplugged. I found the display again. It's under Settings > About phone > Battery > Battery use (which has a subheading of "What has been using the battery"). It says Android System 48%, Cell standby 23%, Display 15%, Phone idle 12% and Music 2%. If you tap each one of those it gives you another screen with details, for example my Display page says the Time on is 6m 51s.

I will definitely want that high capacity battery when it comes out!

Upvote 0
Well on the eris you just push the power button for a second and a screen pops up asking you what you want to do. You can shut off gps, data, wifi, put it to sleep or shut it down.

Push and hold the power button on the Incredible for a few seconds and it brings up a "Phone options" menu:

- Power off
- Silent mode
- Vibration mode
- Airplane mode
- Mobile network

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones