Who has the Seidio Innocase II?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's a nice case but it seems flimsy while off the phone and when it's on the phone it has some give and creaks. Anyone else experience this? I was wondering if anyone has tried to fix the give? I'm thinking I might tape some paper in certain spots to tighten it up. Anyone have any better ideas?

Overall I'm happy with the case, and I like how it doesn't add much too the phone but I think Seidio could have done a better job. Also they should have rounded over the edges of the headphone jack hole.

I also ordered a 1750 mah battery from them in which im returning because the build quality is so terrible. It's thinner than the stock battery but mine is built all cock eyed and wont fit in the phone well. It looks like they took a crappy little battery and stuck it in seidio wrapping that doesnt even fit well. I might take some pics later.

Advertisement
  2. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Mine creaks a lot. Should I return it? :)

3. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

4. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

I believe there is a little bit of play, clearance for the camera which protrudes. I don't think it would be so bad if the felt covered the entire back, which it doesn't. I'm going to experiment with layers of electrical tape to try and take up some extra space.

5. redenfield

redenfield Active Member

Yep - followed the above tip and now the case is perfectly snug. Hate when you have to do crap like this though!

My black case was just slightly loose, but I ordered a burgundy one for my wife's EVO and it was virtually falling off the phone. I emailed Seidio and they promptly replied saying they were aware of the issue and sent out a replacement at no charge. Can't complain about the customer service!

6. lyons238

mines slightly loose but not bad. should i contact seidio or just mod it?

7. lyons238

modded mine with thin circular sticky felt tabs. i put them in many areas pretty much in all 4 corners like up on the sides of the corners as well and just evenly placed them all around until it was tight and didnt creak. the phone seems like it will be a lot safer in there now and wont get scratched by the case. it also makes the whole phone feel more solid. i hated that slight give it had with the case.

8. nole94

nole94 Member

I'm sending mine back. Nice case other than the fact that it doea not fit correctly. Got a cheap jelly case to protect my EVO until the Innovate Active is available. BTW I contacted Seidio and asked them if they were going to make a holster for the Active and they said that it was in the works.......can't wait!

9. EvoGeek

EvoGeek Active Member

Contact Seidio. I let them know that mine was squeaking and they are aware of the issue with the case. They are going to send me a new one. All I had to do was fax them a copy of the receipt. They were very quick to respond. Big Ups for Seidio customer service!:p

10. alan2nice

alan2nice Member

I received my RMA for the Innocase and the inside and outside are both rubberized now. The phone is now super snug in the case. The version I sent back to them was not rubberized on the inside. So it appears that Seidio has fixed the issue.

11. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Seidio has some of the best customer service IMHO.

12. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

Kudos to them for fixing the issue. You should post some photos of what the new inside looks like

13. Vento9

Vento9 Member

I haven't tried the Seidio case yet, but picked up a 2 piece Platinum case last night and it seems to fit really well. Doesn't add too much bulk which was big for me. Not sure how it would withstand a drop though...

14. alan2nice

alan2nice Member

[​IMG]

pingpongboss likes this.
  15. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

Where did you get the new case? I want to order one, but want to be sure I get the NEW version.

Thanks

16. taz92

taz92 Well-Known Member

I just ordered the white one, hopefully I get the new one.

17. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

That case scratched the hell out of the sides of my phone and rubbed the clear coat off. My new Evo doesnt look new now. I took it back yesterday. I debating on what I should do with Seidio.

Any ideas?

18. rdPhreak

rdPhreak Member

I have the surface II on my evo for about a week now. The interior of mine feels just like the exterior, that kind of soft rubbery texture. It does squeak where the two halves of the case join together when pressure is added.

I will be switching it out for an otterbox or the rugged seidio case.