• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has the Shift

I like the smaller feel it has. I can put this phone in my front pocket and it doesn't feel huge
It feels like it is faster than the EVO which I have also.
The small screen I see it as a plus and not a minus.
Same functionality as the evo withou losing to much

I don't like that it doesn't have a front camera
I think the volume keys are located in a wierd spot which is the top right of the phone. This is due to closing the slide you inadvertently press the volume key

Does anyone else have any pros or cons?

Reactions: Pengwinn
Upvote 0
I was up for an upgrade Feb. 1st but I called sprint today and asked very nicely if I could upgrade earlier (2 weeks and so before) and Damn I just still love I switched to sprint about a year ago from Verizon .. They Said Sure no problem!!
So I should be getting my new shift in a couple of days.. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Upvote 0
I like the smaller feel it has. I can put this phone in my front pocket and it doesn't feel huge
It feels like it is faster than the EVO which I have also.
The small screen I see it as a plus and not a minus.
Same functionality as the evo withou losing to much

I don't like that it doesn't have a front camera
I think the volume keys are located in a wierd spot which is the top right of the phone. This is due to closing the slide you inadvertently press the volume key

Does anyone else have any pros or cons?

Im with you on the volume rocker. It is in the worst spot ever. When I hold it horizontally to text or play a game i have to be careful on how I handle it because it will inadvertently press the volume buttons. Other than that I really like the phone. I went from the EVO to this because the EVO was just too big and started to sit uncomfortably in my hands when i wanted to text or talk.

Upvote 0
:D I Just got mine today!! Via UPS..
5353021068_a6fafae92e_z.jpg

img0301xf.jpg

Upvote 0
I have had my Evo since it first came out, and I love it. But i'm really thinking about getting the Evo Shift for the myself and my girlfriend. To be honest to this day I have never used the front cam or the hdmi port. I got to play with the Evo Shift in the sprint store and that thing feels very nice, the Epic feels kinda cheap. And you can tell the difference with that next gen cpu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones