Who has wifi connection problems?General

Do you have a(n) (unsolvable) wifi connection problem with your Ideos X5?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Meiga

Meiga New Member

As a measurement for the percentage of people that have wifi connection issues with the Ideos X5. Vote; do you have a wifi connection problem?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sebgus

sebgus Member

Not after flashing to a custom ROM (eg B160). The stock ROM for this device has some issues with it.
  3. Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico Well-Known Member

I had that problem today. Why is it?
  4. wimpie

wimpie New Member

I flashed my ROM and now I do have wifi problems which i didnt have before
  5. tiagovale2

tiagovale2 Member

Never had with stock ROM or with custom ROMs...
  6. fena

fena Member

sometimes it gets stuck at the "getting IP address" stage, eventually finds its way to connect though. I guess it depends on the producer of the modem. My cousin had a modem of huawei, it didnt take more than 5 secs to connect to that modem :)
  7. Clevo89

Clevo89 Well-Known Member

No problems here and I have the stock ROM...
  8. Meiga

Meiga New Member

Ok, i bought the huawei ideos X5 and it cannot connect to my router. It doesn't get further than the gettin ip phase. Anyone know how to solve it? It got it once, but only for a few seconds and then it lost it again... -.-'
  9. 2tanner

2tanner New Member

Every time I've had a problem, I have traced it to the router, not the phone. I live a long way down the copper line, and my ADSL was getting interrupted so I had my ISO slow the bit rate and increase the reliability. Now only drops out during thunderstorms and blackouts.

@ Meiga, have you tried connecting to a reliable public (unsecured) wifi? If you can, it sounds like a security issue. Just a suggestion.