Who here got the Sprint warranty?

Last Updated:

1. Debeucci

Debeucci New Member This Topic's Starter

I had the Iphone 3g and never had the warranty for 2 years. However, one time, I did lose the phone and it got ran over by a car. I was able to convince the people at the apple store that it was busted and they got me a new phone...

but basically...i probably should have gotten the warranty.

Now, with the evo, I'm not sure if i should spend that 7 bucks to get the warranty. One one hand, it's a bigger phone so there's more to break. I also heard that htc's hardware might be a bit iffy.

Just wondering what every other evo owner is doing....

Advertisement
  2. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

I got the TEP when i got the Evo. I always have insurance on my phones though just in case. $7/month and $100 deductible for a replacement is a small price to pay compared to the retail price of a new Evo...

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

All - Please reread the Zero Tolerance Policy (in my signature) if you are unfamiliar with it.

OP - Insurance is up to you. Personally, I've never needed to use insurance over the past 12 years. If I had paid the cost of insurance over that time it would be more expensive than a new phone.

Ultimately, it's a decision you have to make.

4. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Added the Sprint Total Equipment Protection on the 28th day because I just know my teen daughter is gonna lose her's and I'll probably drop mine in the toilet, sink, bathtub or pool. I plan to keep the TEP for a year then self-insure and absorb the loss. By then we'll want what's newer, bigger and better.

5. Jonhern

Jonhern Well-Known Member

I only keep it for a year since I Am premier, I think all Evo owners are because of the minimum plan but I am not sure of that, anyway because of that I can upgrade every year. So just keep insurance for a year in case it gets stolen or I drop it, but after a year I can just get a new better phone for not much more, $200 seems to be the standard now, if anything does happen to it instead of getting a refurbished Evo for $100. I did this with the diamond, saved the $7 for about 8 months until I finally used the upgrade for something that was worth it. the diamond never broke, had the same one the whole time and now my little brother is using It like an ipod touch. Kind of makes me not want to not get the Insurance this time around but the glass screen makes me keep it, droped it once already and was lucky.

6. slschmidt76

slschmidt76 Well-Known Member

I recommend the insurance. All it takes is one drop to the floor and it's all over. From what I have seen here on the forums case or no case the screen shatters when it hits the floor. Also....Hey everybody wants the EVO and can't find it. It's also a hot item for thieves.....

7. Carl6

Carl6 Well-Known Member

I am of somewhat the same mind as Jonhern, keep the insurance for about a year. After that, prices will have dropped enough to no longer justify it.

8. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Yes, and I recommend it as well. I've always taken great care of my phones, never drop them ever, maybe twice a year because of some other person/object. Also my previous phone(sprint mogul), out of the blue, the screen decided to produce lines and get all distorted, like a bad video driver or cracked LCD screen, even tho it wasn't cracked. Luckily for insurance, they gave me a brand new one, no cost at all, even though I saw a 100 dollar fee waved on the receipt, after the girl tried to repair it. So honestly I would recommend it as well, you just never know.

9. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I got the TPS! I'll dump it the first of the year as the EVO will be old tech by then. :)

10. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Since my post got deleted by mod, and no one responding has done since...

Please re-read OP post and then explain difference between WARRANTY and INSURANCE to OP.

11. fredsmith

fredsmith Well-Known Member

I got the TEP for the Centro a couple of years ago. It ended up paying for itself. That, plus Sprint's outstanding service (a free loaner phone) gets you back up and running very quickly. I run my business via my phone, so I can't afford to be down. If your phone is not absolutely necessary, you can run the figures to decide if the $140 over 2 years + potential $50 deductible is worth it to you. It sure was to me.

12. 81_

81_ Banned

i thinking of going with the second tier insurance at $4 per month.

13. masterbug1

masterbug1 New Member

Correct! :D