Who here is overclocked?

Last Updated:

1. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Who here is overclocked? Does it make a huge difference? Is it really that bad for my phone? What's the best way to do it?

Appreciate any input. :)

Advertisement
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

3. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Haha perfectly executed mxs

mxsjw likes this.
  4. i.am.root

i.am.root Member

I have never experienced anything bad from overclocking and I overclock everything lol including my computer. I guess I'm lucky.

Right now I am running apex v1.0 @ 1.3ghz, so overclocked 300mhz. And yes, it is a bit snappier. Things load faster and run smoother.

Give it a try. If it seems unstable, then don't overclock.

5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

6. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Aaaahhhh... so you've had problems with the dialer as well eh? This was driving me crazy for the past few weeks after downloading the DX/D2 Overclock app off of the market. I honestly didn't know what was causing my phone to randomly reboot, but it was getting REALLY ridiculous! A lot of times it would happen when closing one app and opening another, but it almost ALWAYS would occur when I was in dialer.

It was strange because I had OC's with FreeWELL and Beesley's method just fine. Then I got that app and my phone got really unstable. I thought I had ruled out the OC app because I went back in and picked the stock clock speed... which to me was sort of like turning the app off. But the instability remained. Then last night I decided to go in and freeze the app via Titanium Backup and my phone has run smooth as silk all day long. Doesn't seem posible it's just a coincidence. I was thinking I'd delete that app and try the other OC app and see if my phone reacted any better to it.

Anyone else have any problems with the DX/D2 app?

7. mrstealthusmc

mrstealthusmc Well-Known Member

overclocked here to 1.4ghz with the milestone overclocker app. took a few trys to dial in the correct voltage numbers, but now i am fully stable and loving it. its definitely a trial and error thing.

8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Just one time.