Who I am and Where I'm at!

Last Updated:

1. Jay Cash

Jay Cash New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there I'm a noob, I just purchased and activated my variant and this is my first android smart phone.

My biggest concern is that I don't want certain websites knowing or hacking who I am (my real name) and where I'm located.

Is there a way to use gps with showing others where I am located?

Since my real name is on my T-mobile plan how can I prevent this kind of situation! Do I have any thing to worry about?

Advertisement
  2. ogwilson

ogwilson Well-Known Member

No, sir, you have nothing to worry about. Using GPS for navigation, local search, and other features doesn't give anyone access to your location unless you give it express permission or unless you are victim of a malicious app. Falling victim to a malicious app isn't common, and if it does ever happen, rest assured that Google will find out about it and remove that app from the market and they can remove it from your phone to keep you safe.

Jay Cash likes this.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

The odds of something happening are minimal.

There are app's out there that would allow someone to eavesdrop on you. But it's not something that can be installed without physical access to the phone. With the apps that you install on the phone, just be cautious of app's from dubious sources and you'll likely be fine.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Most of the location information give out on the phone is general information and won't include who you actually are. With apps, one of your best forms of defense is to look at what an app is ask for permission to access. If it looks out of line, don't install the app.