Who is experiencing 4G Connection?

Last Updated:

1. HumorMonkey

HumorMonkey Member This Topic's Starter

I thought it would be interesting to hear who's getting 4G service on their spanking new Epic. What is your location, with or without 4G?

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has been surprised they've got 4G coverage, or if everyone here is experiencing the type of coverage, be it 3G or 4G, that they were anticipating.

BTW, no Epic goodness for me yet :(, so I've got to live vicariously through your experiences for the time being. Enjoy your phones! :)

Advertisement
  2. theintoxicatedmofo

theintoxicatedmofo Well-Known Member

an even more interesting thing would be for someone who lives in a 4G area to test the 4G radios between the Evo and the Epic...putting them side by side and see if either pick up more bars...its quite obviousy the 4G radio onboard the Evo is crappy..wonder if there is an improvement with the Epic

3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

YES i have faved all the epic threads so i can hear about it and pretend like my shitty moment is as cool as the epic at least im not the only one

HumorMonkey likes this.
  4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I'm getting good 4G :)

5. adelmundo

adelmundo Well-Known Member

Went from my home to Dublin, CA (East Bay in the SF Bay Area) to test the GPS functionality. Once at the location I went to, I turned on 4G and I was able to lock a signal (1 bar) and using Speedtest app, I was able to get about 3 Mbps down and a paltry 384 Kbps up, but I mostly care about download speeds in general.

6. Aero1

Aero1 Well-Known Member

getting good 4g outdoors even though my city is not going to be announced for a few weeks. indoors I get a bar but it is lower speeds than 3g indoors.

The 4g absolutely sucks the battery down very very quickly indoors or out.

7. fookxixi

fookxixi Member

I'm experiencing the 4G network. Never thought about having it. 7M download and 1.2M upload. Westwood, Los Angeles, CA.

8. EAD13721

EAD13721 Active Member

Sorry guys, I've never owned an Android, or a 4g phone. How do I turn on the 4g or is it already enabled?

9. HumorMonkey

What's your location?

And, what's you local?

Damn, that's sweet! Cut off indoors?

10. rasstar

rasstar Well-Known Member

I get 4G here in Brooklyn. 8megs down. i was surprised.

11. 5Strong

5Strong Well-Known Member

Great 4g connection is Las Vegas. I was all over the Valley today and able to get 4g in each location.

12. slrml617

slrml617 New Member

With both phones at the same location having about the same number of bars, the Epic got connected to 4G much faster than EVO, the data speed was faster on the Epic too. I wonder why...

13. Torq

Torq Well-Known Member

I'm in a 4G area, both at home and at work.

My Evo would usually see, but couldn't ever hold a 4G connection at my home. The Epic sees and connects to 4G much faster and holds on to it well enough to actually use.

I will test this at work tomorrow as well, as I get a full-strength 4G signal there.

I have a Sprint Overdrive as well, and it runs rings around both devices, getting and holding a solid lock with better speeds and lower latency even in the precise same location. Of course it is a dedicated device, so that's to be expected ... but the difference IS greater than I would have though.

imlkrsfn likes this.
  14. brooklyn360

brooklyn360 Member

Brooklyn, NY?? where?? please tell me that it works!!! please!!

15. HumorMonkey

slrml617 and Torq, what are your locations?
    I figured in starting this thread, it's would be interesting to hear each users 4G experience, or lack there of, and each users location, for reference.

16. epic4win

epic4win New Member

I live in dallas and work for Sprint @ Mockingbird station and we get 4.7 on the display evo and I just got my epic today and got 5.3 and the apt I live in gets 5.9 insided but its a glass building the techs say that's the reason why I get good signal not much to block signal

17. Torq

Torq Well-Known Member

My bad ... I meant to add that.

Redmond, Seattle and Bellevue in WA.

4G on my Overdrive works much better than on either the Evo or the Epic (as you'd expect). In order it'd be Overdrive > Epic > Evo so far.