1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Who is going to ask to buy a Vigor regardless of whatever silly name Verizon is going to give it?General

1. lendzy

lendzy Member

If your store reps are anything as useless as mine this will lead to some amazing stories

Advertisement
  2. compchick813

compchick813 Well-Known Member

I'll be buying it regardless of what it's called. Getting so impatient!
  3. CaseyKees

CaseyKees Well-Known Member

I will be ordering mine online so I won't have to speak it! ;)
    ashorty likes this.
  4. Blackthanos

Blackthanos Well-Known Member

I think I see what you're getting at lendzy and I agree 100%. No matter that they decide to name this phone at release it will always be the HTC Vigor to me and if I pick it up that's exactly what I'll ask for. I am curious to see if the get the confused dog head tilt from any of the sales people. :confused:
    untitled1 and lendzy like this.
  5. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member

I plan on getting it, but I hope I can hold out a few days to see what the bugs are. All these phones come out with a few bugs, but I think on the whole, they aren't as bad as when the first models came out...... with a few notable exceptions.

I can't stand my Fascinate any longer and not sure I could bring myself to get another Samsung, so it will have to be HTC.
  6. lendzy

lendzy Member

I hope I can hold out also, but I'm not counting on it. My Incredible is starting to not do so well unfortunately...and I cannot wait for this phone to come out! I was really tempted by the Tbolt but it was WAY too much like playing Russian Roulette. *crossing fingers HTC has learned their lesson!
  7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Good thing you listened to your inner voices. From its release the Thunderbolt has been a headache for me. I had my first Thunderbolt for 1 week before Verizon told me that my phone came from a batch that had the IMEI number in the software and the hardware mixed up so I had to return that phone. Then I kept losing my 4G connection (if this will be your first 4G phone, be warned and don't expect Verizon to have all the growing pains worked out on 4G) and wouldn't even get a 1X connection. Verizon even had a 4G outage a few months later that wouldn't allow us to connect to even 3G since the 4G phones use a different 3G Network. Right now I'm having problems with the phone's screen going black and I have to pop the back off in order to recover the screen. I've been trying to get the phone replaced under warranty and Verizon has been sending me refurbs for me to swap out and each refurb seems to be worse than the other (I've had about 5 refurbs sent out to me). I get one with a screen that is misplaced, the camera lens is scratched, the outside casing scuffed. I'm not sure what's going on at Verizon but I am extremely hopeful that this new phone is better since I intend on getting it even if I have to pay for it out of my pocket.

As far as names go, I may be a little turned off if they name it Thunderbolt 2, and I bet HTC/Verizon wants to distance themselves from the Thunderbolt so I doubt that name will stand. As bad as the Thunderbolt is, I'd still consider this new phone if it was named HTC's ILightKittiesOnFireAndThenIStompOutTheFire, the Thunderbolt IS that bad for me.
  8. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest