Who is using live wall paper?Support

Last Updated:

1. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My DX is supposed to arrive this week. The suspense is terrible.

From browsing the threads it appears to me that most folk end up with static wallpaper. Of course screen prints of the screen layouts makes it hard to tell if they are animated or not.

Does live wall paper kill the battery? Does live wall paper slow the device down noticably?

Advertisement
  2. literacolax

literacolax Well-Known Member

First of all, shame on you for getting a DX....lol jk

second, yes it kills your battery and your memory, they look cool, but if battery life is an issue, then no dont use it.

3. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

Live wallpapers make home screen scrolling choppy. Don't know why. It wasn't like that with my HTC Incredible.

4. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

Mine runs them fine. The mario live killed it but I'm running a blue version of the droid eye. I'm at 70% and I already have 8 hours off charge. It doesn't seem to slow my phone or make it lag. Just give it a shot and see what works for you.

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I used to use live wallpapers but i find it to drain my battery. Now i just use them to show off to iphone 4 users.

6. android.convert

android.convert Well-Known Member

I have been testing between a live wallpaper and a static one. I haven't noticed much of a difference in battery life personally.

7. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Ive been running a live one for 2 days and the battery life has been horrible. I dont know if thats the case but after reading this thread, I decided to go back to static and see if there is a difference. Ill post my findings tomorrow.

8. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

The live wallpapers are neat, I haven't used them because the wallpaper is pretty much hidden by all the other widgets/shortcuts. I assume while the screen is off, the live wall paper wouldn't affect battery life. Am I wrong?

The few times I have used a live wallpaper just to check them out didn't cause any slow down that I could see, but I haven't downloaded any of the high frame count ones.

9. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

I use a static one. But thats mainly because I haven't found one that I like. Only live ones I would ever use are simplistic ones. The one that was always advertised on the N1 for example.