Who is Your Favorite Male Actor?

Last Updated:

1. as439726

as439726 Well-Known Member

Who is your favorite male actor and why?
    There are no wrong answers, I promise. Lol

Advertisement
    Kruncha likes this.
  2. as439726

My favorite is Denzel Washington. I have enjoyed every movie I've ever seen him in. With all the terrible movies in the last few years, I always know I'm safe spending money if Denzel is in it.
  3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Gene Hackman.
    To me his characters are believable. He makes me think he really thinks he's that character.
    I loved the chemistry between him and Denzel in Crimson tide, one of my favorite movies ever.
    Denzel would probably be my second favorite followed by Travolta.
  4. as439726

HIGH FIVE on Crimson Tide. Awesome stuff
  5. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Denzel Washington as well. His acting is a work of art. It's very real. He completely outshines anyone in any movie he does. I'm so suprised he only won 1 Oscar. In the end of the day, his body of work speaks for itself. I also love Robert Deniro and Al Pacino.
    as439726 likes this.
  6. as439726

My close second, based on your explanation of Denzel Washington, is Edward Norton for exactly the reasons you stated. His work in films like American History X are the stuff of legend.
  7. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Orion likes this.
  8. as439726

Direct and to the point. The pictures say everything.
    intrdrgn likes this.
  9. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

How can I forget Clint Eastwood??? He's up there as well. One of my favorite movies from him is The Good,The Bad, and The Ugly.....and I'm not even into western films. It just shows you how awesome of an actor he is. I absolutely love his work. He's a total badass.
    intrdrgn likes this.
  10. as439726

Ooh what about Ewan McGregor. Forgot about him. Stellar actor. Not my favorite, but really freaking awesome
  11. nsmaf7

nsmaf7 Active Member

Robert De Niro.

Do I really need to say why? haha

Well he is able to play a wide variety of characters from Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull 1980 to James Conway in Goodfellas 1990 to Fearless Leader in Rocky and Bullwinkle 2000 to Captain Shakespeare in Stardust 2007 to Hunter in Killer Elite 2011
  12. intrdrgn

TAXI! nuff said;)
  13. nsmaf7

nsmaf7 Active Member

14. There are so many to pick from, I can't pick just one. I've narrowed it down to:

Clint Eastwood
    Gene Hackman
    Morgan Freeman
    Nathan Fillion
    Sam Worthington
  15. as439726

My only issue with Deniro is that he's done some stinkers. If I recall correctly, he even admitted doing some just for the money. Still think I prefer Pacino overall.
    Now if we are talking best single performance then that's different. Deniro wins that one. Him and Brando. You know where I'm headed with that one
  16. jothsha

jothsha Member

I like Jhonny depp and Leonardo
  17. as439726

Loved Depp in 21 Jump Street Movie
  18. intrdrgn

Liam Neeson
  19. as439726

20. intrdrgn

i read in the internet that he is in production in making TAKEN 2, i've read that he & his wife gets kidnapped by the son of the Sheik he killed in the first installment. you must check out The Grey if you haven't? Good Flick...
  21. as439726

Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't seen it yet.
  22. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Ryan Reynolds .. idk what about him, but I enjoy every movie he is in.. from his college days as vanwilder to being a waiter in waiting, and his more recent roles in the change up and Safe house
  23. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I guess I can say Clint Eastwood. He's been around since the late 1950s (Rawhide), and haven't stop making good movies since. I loved those spaghetti westerns of the '60s.
  24. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Put me down for Clint as well. Not only as an actor but writer, producer and director as well.

Think I have more Malpaso movies in my DVD collection than anything else.

From his early movies like 'Play Misty... ' to his masterful turn as Harry Callaghan and the mysterious Joe in Sergio Leone's classic spaghetti westerns and to his later roles (especially 'Unforgiven') I always look forward to anything he works on.

Go Clint Go!
    saptech likes this.
  25. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Kruncha likes this.