Who Rules America?

1. OutofDate1980

OutofDate1980 Well-Known Member

Read posts starting at #23. I cite links that support a conclusion a crime had been committed. A corporation has agreed manipulation of the LIBOR rates has been committed and agreed to accept a penalty. Individuals have not been charged or convicted, we do know that corporations aren't people, but are composed of people, therefor a corporation has admitted a crime has been committed by unnamed individuals of said corporation.

We haven't yet started on the warfare aspect.
  2. atljatl

atljatl Well-Known Member

according to obama, via proxy (valerie varrett)
    HE rules the united states. take that, conservative nut jobs. elections have consequences.
    Obama to "rule" as president - YouTube
    he is a truly great ruler.
  3. OutofDate1980

That was the transition[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] team of 2008, stating Obama wouldn't be President till 20 Jan 2009. Has no bearing on your premise.
  4. atljatl

My premise?
    Obama is a great ruler. That is undeniable. Look at the recent unemployment numbers. They look good, thanks to Obama, but we still have a long way to go.
    You should be beaten for your insolence.
    fortunately, master is benevolent.
  5. atljatl

He rules now.
    He will continue to rule.
    HE is the ruler if the land.
  6. OutofDate1980

Work on your comedian delivery and don't quit your day job.:ciao:
  7. atljatl

I'm unemployed....
    Now, you must admit that THAT'S funny.
  8. OutofDate1980

9. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

And when they lay off the lower workers who's out in the trenches doing the real work, they will be lucky to get a few thousands dollars in severnce money, if that.
  10. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

11. OutofDate1980

12. OutofDate1980

Rather than civil war, try the Iceland solution.

How Iceland stalks its banksters | Presseurop (English)

"To date, some convictions have been achieved. Two former officials of the Byr bank, the first to be brought to trial, are now serving prison sentences of four and a half years. The former chief of staff to the finance minister at the time of the crisis, Baldur Gudlaugsson, was sentenced to two years in jail for insider trading. More recently, Sigurdur Einarsson, former CEO of the Baupthing Bank was sentenced to reimburse the bank 500 million Icelandic kronur
  13. bplusshoe

bplusshoe Active Member

Corporate interests and banks run the country. We vote people into power by what they say they will do in the future instead of what they are doing in the present.
  14. OutofDate1980

Corporate interests may find a better ROI by employing some creative software engineers to "improve" voting machines. No need to waste all that money on propaganda. No need to convince voters on who or what to vote for, just program the voting machines to tabulate the voting results the RIGHT way.:pcguru:

Digital Voting Machines: Still FUBAR?? | Mother Jones

A 2007 Princeton University study concluded, "Many computer scientists doubt that paperless [digital voting machines] can be made reliable and secure, and they expect that any failures of such systems would likely go undetected."
  15. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Bit late, but I guess health is generally the responsibility of state/regional governments (at least in Europe), and its kind of an issue of sovereignty. That said, if a government cant look after its own people, its the responsibility of the government above it to see that things are fixed. And as the healthcare bill doesnt create a healthcare system as such, it wouldnt really infringe on states rights.
  16. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

What ever happened to the Egg Council? :confused:
  17. OutofDate1980

18. OutofDate1980

19. PH8AL

PH8AL Well-Known Member

I'm going way back to address something in the original post.

Ask your self really, dig a second and set aside the engrained working class mentality to hate the rich &%#$&^s and look from practicality. Isn't it in our best interests that it is that way?

The guy who is an ok manager never gets out of middle management if he gets that far. You certainly would never put him at the head of HP... You have to be very smart to amass and keep a fortune like that but smart is not every thing you have to be clever and a strong fearless leader.

Corporate America has taken over our country, you can't blame that on a conspiracy of the rich. Its our own laziness.

Corporations and Governments truly both live and die by 1 simple rule. What we put up with before we start chopping off heads.

Voter turn out in America is pathetic. I know better than half of the people in this forum arguing politics didn't even vote last time.

I don't give my money to bad companies if I can help it. I vote my conscience and ignore the Bipartisan bickering. and I take time to do things like write posts like this.

[​IMG]
  20. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Voter turnout everywhere is pathetic. You maybe get 50-60% for legislative elections and 40-50% for referendums. Mind you if people cant inform themselves its better they dont vote, probably loses hard right and communist-lite parties some votes.
  21. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

We The People rule America. Always have. what's changed is we do not pay attention to what is going on.
  22. atljatl

You must be a person who is a banker (not a window bank-teller) or politician. ;) but seriously, people are starting to pay attention more, and I foresee real civil unrest and violence in the not-too-distant future. Anyone feel like wagering?
  23. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

If I were elected president, I would do what is required to set things on the road to recovery. What needs to be done would be unpopular with many citizens and therefore, yes, civil unrest might be the outcome.
  24. atljatl

ummmmm... presidents weren't supposed to have that much power... That's sort of why we're where we are now.