29 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. HTC Incredible

32 vote(s)
    39.0%

Last Updated:

1. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The Incredible and N1 are coming to VZW. With the arrival of these two top tier phones who do you think will sit on top at Verizon Android Food Chain?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

yes

3. spartan141

spartan141 Well-Known Member

I think the nexus will rein supreme for a little while.

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Depends on what you mean. Unless Google starts marketing the N1, Droid will continue to outpace N1 in sales.

5. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

That's a good question and it really hinges on how isolated Nexus One support and availability is. Will Verizon be completely hands off with support as well as sales? I can say right now that I'm a heavy Nexus One lean, regardless. I'm not liking some of the design cues of the Incredible and it doesn't look to have any groundbreaking features over the Nexus One.

6. JrzDroid

good points sir. more people need to vote. 130+ views and 14 votes?

7. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

Much is unknown about the Incredible. If it comes with 512MB I think that I would rather have it than the N1. If it's only 256MB, I would probably lean towards the Nexus. I do like the optical trackpad on the Incredible verses the ball on the N1 though.

Like Homer Simpson said "There's just so much I don't know about astrophysics."

8. johnLEE

johnLEE Well-Known Member

i hope in two years when i can upgrade, they have phones of this caliber!

9. JrzDroid

In two years the Android Phones that will be out are gonna blows smartphones of today away.
    - Coffee Makers
    - Iphone signal disrupter
    - Vehicle Remote Control

just take most things that James Bond had in his cell phones and its basically what we're gonna have.

10. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

keep in mind that on this forum we're all "enthusiasts" to some degree. the general public always wants the newest, which their minds process like this "newest = best".

Kyler made a good point about N1 isolation but something in my gut tells me the Incredible might be released first and then the N1, which makes me lean towards the N1...But there a lot of factor: hardware specs, and release dates, and support, yes; but also price, raw Android versus Sense UI, etc.

regardless of which one lives at the top, the next step down to either of the two phones the OP mentioned isn't very far behind.

11. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

Once a phone has an EMP, I will officially dub it the best phone ever.

otherwise, from what I have heard, the incredible isnt so incredible. Doesn't it have the same processor speed as eris?

edit: or maybe it is one of those other funny named, but nice looking htc phones.....

12. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

Its going to come down to Incredible or Droid. Why? Simple, you will be able to see them in the store. The Droid has sold a million units I think so the Incredible has some catching up to do.

13. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

cool story bro

14. JrzDroid

well this year is definitely going to be an exciting year for the Android OS. The Droid really lit a fire and the N1 just threw some gas on it. WinMo, Apple, RIM and Palm really didn't think a Google powered OS was going to be a big contender but guess what, we grow day by day.
    Since Verizon joined the little green party Networks have been announcing a new phone every week it seems. The Incredible and N1 are coming, and they might be the two most powerful Android phones on the market next to the Droid. We just all have to remember that we are the same family, no fighting which phone is better.

I still have a feeling that Verizon is hiding something like a 2nd Droid. They paid Lucas quite a sum of money for the right to use that name and i believe the DROID is going to be like the Iphone, a brand. Newer versions every so often. HTC might have some powerful phones, but marketing is everything.

15. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

I hope the Droid continues as a line as JrzDroid says! They should keep a line with a physical keyboard. I didn't have an iPhone but practically used an iPod touch as my phone so I was used to software keyboard, but the physical keyboard gets easier to use much quicker than a software one.

That being said, within the two years of my contract I want the N1 or Incredible to outpace and out-innovate Droid so Moto doesn't get lazy again.

16. JrzDroid

HTC is gonna keep doing what it does, provide the android community with top notch phones. The N1 is only the beginning. Motorola better not get lazy or when Droid users see HTC devices, they are gonna jump ship.

Look at Verizon right now, its the Eris and the Droid. Verizon dumped so much money into marketing there was no way they were gonna allow HTC to sneak in with a device that overshadows their baby. Who knows, maybe the N1 will become Verizons new weapon. Tmo sure hasn't pushed the N1.

If At&t does indeed keep exclusivity with the Iphone, the N1 could be just what the doctor ordered.

then again, those Droid Does commercials are really good . . .

17. JrzDroid

Vote people

18. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

C'mon man, that isn't hope. I expect that there will be phones of this caliber in 2 years. I hope that there is something even better in 2 years. How else are we going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

19. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

is that a reference to PDS 3devious?

20. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

How could you tell if it was working or not?
    Would they drop a call.......bwahahaha

21. JrzDroid

the signal disruptor is actually just something that causes all iphones to act just the way they do now, just a giant portrait of Steve Jobs taking it from behind from the Android will take up the screen.

Google has actually hired me to write the software for it.