• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

who thinks the cliq&cliq xt will be getting 2.1 by the end of this month?

will we be getting 2.1?

• yes! i still faith in motorola!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • no! i h8 motorola!

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • i just want my 2.2 already!

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Can guarantee you that it won't.

The 2.1 upgrade for the Cliq and Cliq XT aren't compatible with MotoBlur, that's been the holdup for the last two months, and at this point will continue to be the holdup until the MotoBlur 1.5 prototype is released.

Look for it the last week of July in test markets, and the 2nd week of August nationwide. Until then, "enjoy" Android 1.5 a bit longer. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The 2.1 upgrade for the Cliq and Cliq XT aren't compatible with MotoBlur, that's been the holdup for the last two months, and at this point will continue to be the holdup until the MotoBlur 1.5 prototype is released.

Look for it the last week of July in test markets, and the 2nd week of August nationwide. Until then, "enjoy" Android 1.5 a bit longer. :rolleyes:
Definitely sounds plausible, but any sources on that?

Upvote 0
None written, and it's highly subject to change as well. But that's straight out of the mouth of a tech representative (who'd know, as it's his/her department) at one of the stores yesterday afternoon.
Because of compatibility issues with Motoblur, I hope that means our extra wait time = Froyo 2.2. :) Might as well upgrade us to the latest since we've waited so long ya know?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones