• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

who uses task killers?

I have just got my phone, but I have been using it heavily. I do not use a task killer much, but I have on occasion (after using many HEAVY apps, while using slacker radio etc) things can slow down. I simply opened my system panel application and closed everything, then things reopened that needed to and all was better.

I have decided I dont need to- and probably shouldn't- use a high profile task killer, but having the system panel application (that also functions as a task killer) handy on a home screen is a good thing.

Application used: SystemPanel Lite (free)

Upvote 0
I have just got my phone, but I have been using it heavily. I do not use a task killer much, but I have on occasion (after using many HEAVY apps, while using slacker radio etc) things can slow down. I simply opened my system panel application and closed everything, then things reopened that needed to and all was better.

I have decided I dont need to- and probably shouldn't- use a high profile task killer, but having the system panel application (that also functions as a task killer) handy on a home screen is a good thing.

Application used: SystemPanel Lite (free)

This is the app I've been using. I normally only kill apps if I have a problem with my phone lagging. SystemPanel seems to open up more memory on my phone on average than Advanced Task Killer did when I used that, so that's ultimately why I made the switch. The other info you can see in SystemPanel is also nice.

Upvote 0
I use advanced task killer, which does work, killing all background apps (customisable) with one touch, however i find that within an hour or so certain apps have reappeared leaving me to assume that simply killing an app isn't enough, those apps have to be manually configured to only open when i apply them, but i'm not sure this is possible with most apps?

Upvote 0
I used to kill task all the time but don't bother anymore as Android looks after itself pretty well.

+1, The Android OS was built that way. It can handle it's own pretty well. I suppose a Task Killer could be good piece of mind for some people, knowing they have shut down the running application, but for me, I put trust in the system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones