Who was your "incredible" buzz kill?General

Last Updated:

1. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone had an Incredible buzz killer lol. Mine was my gf! After i set the phone up, i played with it and learned all the fun and glory of android (coming from a BB, she also uses a BB). I go to show her all the stuff that android can do and all I get was a :

"cool .. so whats for dinner"

Advertisement
  2. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

Wife. She calls it my "him"droid! Secretly she knows how cool it is... :cool:

3. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

My wife actually likes it more than I thought she would. There are a lot of iphone users at work here. 1 was really interested in my Inc and the others are all haters :).

4. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

My mother didn't get the point of having a phone like this—until I showed her the barcode scanner app. Now if I'm out with her she wants me to scan just about everything.

My boyfriend absolutely loves my Incredible and keeps stealing it to check baseball scores when we're out. I keep snatching it away and telling him to get his own phone! :)

5. Hipshot

Hipshot Well-Known Member

They are just secretly jealous... :D

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I got my Incredible after setting it up had dinner with my parents they loved it. My Mom returned her Storm2 got the Incredible , my Dad is about to order one next month and 2 friends have ordered it

After a few weeks of owning it though it looses it's wow factory lol

7. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

My buzz kill is that I used to make fun of my dad for having an iBoyfriend (always hammerin away ignoring mom).. now I have an Incredifriend.

At least it's not apple.

8. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

my fiance.... she has a moto droid and it works but is glitchy at times. before i got the INC, i was always messing with her phone learning the ins and outs of android here and there. and she would always be like"gimmy back my phone" or "its just a phone relax" she still says that, but now when she wants to browse or read something. its like "can i use your phone?" then when im using it. its back to "its just a phone get over it" women are weird

9. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

I don't even have it yet and I'm already getting it. On a plan with my "sister" and we have to wait until the 19th (annual renewal). She's sick of hearing about it n I'm the only technerd in my group. I have no one to talk to about it. I swear I'm gonna lock myself in my room n not share the greatness no one wanted to hear about.

10. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I wasn't due for "New every 2" until May 30 but I emailed Verizon and they gladly moved up the date to April 29. Also, a co-worker got one for him and his wife and they weren't up for renewal yet. You don't have to wait if you ask. They want to sign you up for that nice data plan :).

11. Echo17121

Echo17121 Well-Known Member

My friend was my buzz kill. She just kept calling me a big nerd and was like "will you ever get excited about anything else in your life like you did for this phone?!" I told her of course not lol (this is of course not true to anyone who is going to say it is sad to only care that much about a phone, I just was messing with her).

Wouldn't you know that three days after I got my phone, she got the incredible as well?! Through me haggling with Verizon for her! And now it's "can you help me do this?" "how do you do that?" :p

12. maroonsky

maroonsky Member

The same thing happened to my wife. We were at Target getting toys for our daughter and I showed her the barcode scanner app and the calorie counter app (not on toys, of course). Now she wants to get rid of her curve and get a motodroid (she wants a phone with a keyboard).

13. dantheman7

dantheman7 Well-Known Member

Can't say I've run into that yet. My wife was as excited about it as I was when I ordered it. She's envious of it and can't wait for her window to open up so she can dump her LG Voyager. The only thing I wish is that Big Red would offer a Family Data Plan. $30/person/month on top of the rest of the Family plan gets pricey.

14. DJ-Anakin

DJ-Anakin Active Member

My brother. He's a Mac fanboy.

15. Joker35

Joker35 Member

My wife was my buzz kill. it started before i even got the phone. I was preordering it at best buy & we was talking to a friend that works there. i went to say check out our friends phone it's an android & wifey said "Yeah i really dont care". i said alrighty then...

16. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

You know its very easy to convince verizon to push your date forward.

I had them push it forward a whole 12 months, I just had one year on my contract.

A couple of days is nothing.

17. Spicard

Spicard Member

sorry to hear that you all had some people ruin your new phone fun. But, you know your phone best, so if you enjoy what you paid for, that is most important. at my house, nobody is being a party proper about it, because I did the research on the phone, and me and my mother both got one. we both love it. her boyfriend is even acting a bit envious, being easily amused by things like the weather animations and voice search. all's good here!

18. jwinstonc

jwinstonc Well-Known Member

Haha. My gf could care less. My roommate thought it was cool though. His girlfriend was over last night and said "I hear you have a cool new phone". So I gave her a quick demo. Biggest wow factors: weather animations, live wallpapers, google goggles finding products by photo, voice navigation to turn by turn directions with street view. She was definitely "wow"ed! Kept saying "Get out!!"

19. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

My GF is a trooper. She listens to all the neat things I have to say. Says yup, uh huh, and cool. A real lot. The only time she gives me grief is when she is talking to me and I am not listening becuase I am buried in my phone app.

20. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

It was raining out so of course I had to show my wife the cool weather animation. Her response? "You are such a loser" ouch.

21. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

Sounds like you two should swap girlfriends.

22. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

this was mine: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member

for those whose wives weren't impressed....my tip:

download the Grocery IQ app.....
    you can create a grocery list either by typing or scanning the items you are low on in your fridge or cabinet....lol...this list can also be email as a "shopping/honey do list"...your wife might want the INC too after seeing this app...;o)
    nothing easier than running through the house...scanning you "regular bought groceries" and sending your list to your hubby via email or marking it off the list while walking through the store ;o) excellent time saver

just a suggestion...pretty impressive! good luck lol

24. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

My Incredible buzz kill is the few people on here who bitch and moan about this phone for every little thing.

25. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Friend of mine with an iPhone. Surprise.