1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Who would prefer the Epic to not have a keyboard

Do you prefer a keyboard, or would you prefer all touch.

1. Keyboard

67.5%
  2. No keyboard

33.8%
  1. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Either way its great, but just curious as to who wants a keyboard or not?

Advertisement
    :
  2. SoulLi

SoulLi Member

Voted keyboard
    I don't the touch screen keyboard covering up all of my screen lol
  3. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Understandable
  4. ed_mcnasty

ed_mcnasty Active Member

voted keyboard. i have fat fingers
  5. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

i really dont care i would have bought it if it didnt have a keyboard and im buying it now when it does have a keyboard.i do think it would have been a sweet phone without one but oh well just more options.
  6. it.

it. Well-Known Member

There's something about physical keys that I really like. I always feel like there's something missing when I use phones with only touch screens and nothing else.
  7. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

I voted keyboard due to I like options. I use the keyboard on my moment all the time, when my Moment works that is.
  8. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

I chose Keyboard. I've never liked them because I have big fingers but having that secondary option as a fallback is a great thing. I can use a touchscreen but when it's time to get down and dirty, the keyboard is there. Plus I can use the keyboard to play games without touchscreen controls obscuring the screen
  9. rckozma

rckozma Well-Known Member

I choose no keyboard. I probably will never use it, have not had a keyboard on any of my phones, and it is just one more moving part that is subject to break. But I am still going to get the phone.
  10. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

Voted KB - pretty much for all the above reasons. Also - usually thickness becomes an issue - but - not with the EPIC 4G!
  11. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

I voted keyboard. If I didn't want a keyboard I would have kept my EVO.
  12. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

Voted keyboard. I cannot properly use an on screen keybaord. (long nails) Besides, if you don't want to use it, simply don't. If you do need it and don't have it, well, you're screwed.
  13. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

Voted keyboard, but I would buy this phone no matter what. That's just san added bonus
  14. chill145

chill145 Well-Known Member

is that the only reason you didn't want the evo. because i don't mind the on screen keyboard at all and my evo has been running perfect so far

is there any other BIG reason to choose the epic over the evo?
  15. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Real men use keyboards (only kidding :p)
  16. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

I think it really comes down to 2 things for most people:

What form factor do you prefer (with or without keyboard)?

How are you intending to use your phone?

The second question is probably more important really. If you are going to use it as more of a multi-media phone for playing games, watching movies/tv shows and snapping pictures, the Epic is probably going to appeal more to you. It has a better camera (even though it's less MP's), it has a better screen, and a better "gaming" processor (especially for graphically intensive games). If those things aren't as important to you as business functionality is to you, then the Evo might be your phone of choice. It's a more classy-looking, business style type of phone that also fits more easily into your suit pants, etc. I'm not saying the Evo is a slouch when it comes to multimedia, but the Epic is clearly a step up in this area.
    chill145 likes this.
  17. it.

it. Well-Known Member

agreed
  18. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

I am choosing the Epic overly EVO because of the keyboard. Also because my EVO would only get 4 hours and I was needing to plug it in. Apps kept force closing on me and that. If it would have worked properly then I would have kept it. I could have just had a bad phone. Who knows. I have long nails though and the on screen keyboard just wasn't working the way I wanted it to.
    chill145 likes this.
  19. HTCeasar

HTCeasar Well-Known Member

Voted no keyboard. Welcome to the future
  20. chill145

chill145 Well-Known Member

i really appreciate the response, broke it down perfectly and these are questions i'm going have to answer soon and now i'm really torn
  21. johnjv

johnjv New Member

I get sad when I see a Galaxy S without a keyboard... because it's with a different carrier. I'm sure Samsung had there heart in the right place, and I realize the Evo has no keyboard but I want a Galaxy S not an Evo. However if the Evo Shift has a keyboard, perhaps Samsung should make an Epic without the keyboard. It makes the phone thick and clunky. Also DO NOT put a business card in your pocket with the phone (it's easy to forget), I did and it sliced through the flimsy ribbon cable connecting the two parts.
  22. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Well-Known Member

I prefer a actual keyboard when texting and i am finding that it works better for some of the emulators. (SNES, GBA) I tried out a friends and really don't like using the touch screen for everything.
  23. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Do the math:
    Epic minus keyboard equals EVO
  24. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

Most of anyone who chose this phone did so due to the keyboard. Aside from other aspects (awesome screen, slightly better processor, etc.)
  25. Droid_Rage

Droid_Rage Active Member

I originally bought the Epic because I thought I'd like the keyboard, and because of the beautiful SuperAMOLED screen. Once I got the phone, I figured out swype in a few hours and I've hardley used the keyboard since. I voted NO keyboard. That's just me though.