whoes getting a the new moto droid x/2

Last Updated:

1. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

who gonna get rid of there first droid for the x or the droid 2 any one. im really liking the x i might sell mine and get the x with my upgrade next month

Advertisement
  2. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Droid x for me!

3. Jacob Malliet

Jacob Malliet Active Member

Im not to sure, with the droid x it has a locked boot screen which means it could be awhile before root comes out for it :/

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

A while is an understatement - The milestone still ain't locked, and it has been out, what, 8 months now?

5. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i might try to upgrade this week i hope they have some left

6. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Ordered!

7. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

I have not rooted, but my wife has and Incredible and if the X still operates on 2.1 I would not make the change. I picked up the droid a couple of weeks ago and in all honesty like it better than the incredible, besides I can get all the accessories I want with the droid, the Dinc has virtually none. I still have a couple of weeks on my 30 day trial. If for some reason the X or the Dinc gets 2.2 before the droid and before the next 2 weeks are up I will swap out. If not I will stay with the droid. Worst case is I root the droid although I am tech challanged and frankly the process overwhelms me. I wish I knew someone who I could take my phone to to help me root it.

8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

It's not NEARLY as daunting as it looks, once you break it down into steps. I used DroidRootHelper and it took just minutes... if not seconds. Once you get that ninja and SPRecovery on your Droid, you're golden and that unlocks all the good stuff. I say GO FOR IT! It was pulse-racing stuff for me, but what a rush when I was done and it's oh so worth it.

9. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I'm not. Not with a locked bootloader. And not without LTE.

Find a guide and you'll be fine as long as you can read and follow directions. I'd really suggest doing a lot more research before you begin rooting though.

10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Go to the "All Things Root Related" for rooting tutorials. This is also a pretty good overview of the process:

The Start to Finish Guide to Rooting Your Android Phone
    I don't use BitTorrent like they do but like I said, it gives you an IDEA of the process. I rooted back at 2.0.1 so it was a little easier in the day. Not much harder now, just a few different steps...

11. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Found 10% off coupon at RetailMeNot: PRMCD10. Unlike most listed, this one worked! Very handy if you want to add one of the accessory packages, such as HDMI multimedia desktop charger/dock + HDMI cable.

12. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

Go back to 2.1 and not rooted?? NEVER! ! ! !