Whole phone lags...Support

Last Updated:

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 4, 2009
    Since switching from my Moment, I've been having some issues with voice/text.

Voice calls ring several times on the caller's end, and only twice on my end before going to voicemail. Sometimes once or not at all on my end. This happens with any level of signal, so it isn't an issue of being out of service.

Text messages that are longer than 160chars (or two fired off one after another) arrive like this: their message comes in, I reply, 2nd message arrives as I'm sending my reply. I've tried waiting, and waiting means 5, 10, 15 mins later I'll get the additional message(s) after that first one.

I called Sprint tech support for help and they want me to call from another line to troubleshoot the phone. I don't have another line. They think the problem is with the EVO, but I've been with Android for a year now, and I don't see how a newer phone with better processing power is lagging out more than my Moment (which never had problems with phone/texts). So I call BS, but they won't do anything on their end until they get to 'fix' my phone.

I'd take it into a sprint store, but it's like watching cavemen study the Monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Sprint reps/techs have no idea what they're doing, and I can't stand watching them fumble around with my phone, changing settings here and there while they bumble their way through a fix.

Please help.

2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Apr 11, 2010
    Thats not an issue with the phone, its an issue with the network, and the way it reached your phone. Sprint tech support is your only option, they will likely "refresh" your connection, and put a trouble ticket in to check towers in your area.

This happens on all three of my evo's, although it never takes more than a minute to get the second half. So if its taking longer than a minute, again you will need to talk to tech support, as thats an issue with the network not pushing the text to your phone in time.

Thats the only way they can fix it. So go to a payphone or use a friends phone for a few minutes.

I completely agree. And even if the phone requires a replacement, they will find some bogus reason to turn you down. I avoid the stores all together, and if tech support doesnt help, talk to Account Services, and tell them you are going to cancel your account if they dont take care of the issue.
  3. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Hmm... I guess you could test it yourself.
    Go onto Sprint.com and manually swap out your phones (swap your service temporarily back to your Moment) and test it if you can (see if a friend will help you, or send yourself a text message through a website).

Then swap back and test again on the Evo.

...then again, doing a service swap between phones may void your rebate (if you bought from Sprint).