• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whoops! Deleted one too many apps in quest to kill crapware on Intercept

k7aay

Nov 30, 2010
PDX
:mad: Deleted one too many apps in my quest to remove VM crapware on the Samsung Intercept, now I can't install new apps. I did Titanium Backup before making any changes, but I can't restore it even though I am root with BusyBox enabled; Titanium Backup shows it but there's no RESTORE button for that app.

Download Manager 2.1-update1
Downloads 1.1.0

Anyone have the apk files for the stock standard Virgin Mobile Intercept on hand so I can reinstall them?

Many thanks in advance, and also for all the solid advice I've received here so far.

Can't help you with the file but in Titanium,

menu > Batch > scroll down restore missing apps with data and click run

If missing apps misses your app, you'll need to run restore all apps with data which will take significantly longer.

If you used root explorer to remove things, consider moving the crapware to your sd card instead of deleting. If you make a mistake, you can move it back, change permissions and you're good to go.

Reactions: k7aay
Upvote 0
:mad: Deleted one too many apps in my quest to remove VM crapware on the Samsung Intercept, now I can't install new apps. I did Titanium Backup before making any changes, but I can't restore it even though I am root with BusyBox enabled; Titanium Backup shows it but there's no RESTORE button for that app.

Download Manager 2.1-update1
Downloads 1.1.0

Anyone have the apk files for the stock standard Virgin Mobile Intercept on hand so I can reinstall them?

Many thanks in advance, and also for all the solid advice I've received here so far.

Stuff like this is prolly why they removed z4root from the Market. :p

Upvote 0
Same happened to me using SystemApp remover. I noticed that if I removed gtalkservice.apk or any system apk that had "talk" or "Voice" in the title, it would not let me download apps from the market. Luckily I backed up everything using recovery before I started deleting stuff so I just restored everything. That app lets you backup the apk before deleting the programs also.

Not the case in this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones