Whoops, that was a data backup, not an app backup...

Last Updated:

1. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here's the deal: I DLed Titanium Backup, but it wasn't obtaining root access. I read here that I probably need to update to a newer version of BB. After a bit of a fight, I finally managed to get BB 0.4 onto my Droid. I figured I was safe b/c I have Lookout, which also backs up data. Yeah, it backs up contacts and pix, that's it. So here I am w/ a nice, shiny new rom, and a completely wiped phone.

Now, I know my old info is still there. I know I could just recover into my last version. But then I wouldn't be on this rom. Is there any way for me to get that info on here, or do I have to do everything manual? Or could I restore the old version, and not need to do a wipe when flashing the new rom?

Man, no matter what I good I start to feel about myself w/ what I've already learned from you guys, I'm quickly reminded that I'm barely scratching the surface.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Good question - I forcibly screwed myself out of a lot of data (not that it is really worth much to me, all the important things like contacts calendar events etc are all synced) when I decided to try out the BB 2.1/0.3 ...

I thought I was deleting old Nandroid backups - took my current one right along with it lol

So, I am curious to know this answer as well.

3. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Would doing an advanced Nandroid restore and only restoring the Data partition work?

4. cebomholt

cebomholt Member

Had a very similar issue this morning. I can confirm the above worked for me... Would have liked to do titanium restore to selectively miss a few apps I no longer use, but it was failing on its restore process.
    Did a nandroid restore only on data, seems to be so far so good.

Hope it helps-