• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's Droid is and has been working just fine?

I have not had any problems with my Motorola Droid however my Droid has had problems with its owner but has managed to train him on proper use of the MD.
It seems most problems are caused by the owners trying to tweek the Droid.
Almost exactly what I was going to say...the only problems I've had, were in the first couple days, because I downloaded every app. under the sun.
Love the keyboard.

Upvote 0
problems here and there, but the usual restart/battery pull fixes it. great phone, will give you a bit of stress, but the fun factor outweighs all the negatives. however, i still feel as if the iphone might have a bit of a more "fun factor". Its basically network vs. media capability. In my choice, i picked network.

Upvote 0
Mine's been pretty good. A couple lockups, one where I had to pull the battery and some keyboard weirdness mostly attributed to swype and swapping around between portrait, landscape, and physical while trying to edit mistakes.

Yesterday, it was ringing, and the screen wouldn't light up at first, I hit the power buttion and it lit up and I was able to answer.

Strangely enough though, JUST NOW, I looked and it was just suddenly "off", and wouldn't turn on no matter what. I pulled the battery and it booted right up. Hmm...

Had worse stuff happen with my Blackberries, (except they never just turned off) so I'm not really complaining. Just hope the phone isn't going wonky. Ditched a Craigslist app that I was not so sure about its stability. We'll see.

Upvote 0
Luckily I haven't had any problems with mine aside from a minor one:)

The only prob i had was that at one point the google browser seemed to not want to load the google search homepage (a blank screen would show up), but i saw a tip on some thread saying to go into browser settings and click reset to default, did that, and haven't had the problem again.

Upvote 0
I bought mine just the day before the scheduled rate increase for early termination, 11/14, and I simply ADORE this phone. I've never had anything close to a smart phone so this was a big leap for me, but it was the best gift I ever bought myself. I even love the feel of gliding my fingers over its silky glass screen. LOL

No problems at all, except for one day when apparently Verizon's tower in my neighborhood wasn't working properly and I thought it was the app I just downloaded sucking the battery. All resolved the next day and my Verizon reception has been even better since.

And my battery life has been great, although I'm not a hardcore user like some here. I only pop it into the media center at night to recharge and I'm good to go all through the next day. The Droid rocks hard. :D

Upvote 0
I got my Droid on launch day and couldn't be happier. I was a hardcore iPhone user (got every iPhone released on launch day), but was getting bored with the iPhone platform and wanted a change. After a month of using the Droid, I decided to sell my iPhone and cancel my AT&T account.

The Droid is the first smartphone that I haven't had to return at least once. I haven't had any problems with the hardware or software at all. I do know a couple people who have had some minor problems, though.

Android is a great OS and I think you will be happy with it if you are patient. The high quality, polished, and mainstream apps are few and far between right now, but with the Droid and N1 in the picture I think that should change in the next few months.

Upvote 0
2 weeks of studing what it would be like to leave my Storm 2 behind. 1 week into the Droid and it has worked super. Not really for the technology challenged types though. You have to be willing to read a little, search a forum or two and learn. Can't just walk out of the store and expect perfection prior to learning how to personalize it.

Upvote 0
First I love this phone...despite its flaws.

But I must know...for those that claim all these issues are user/operator error......

Please tell me how an unrooted phone that had just undergone a factory reset, and had no new apps no tweeks, suddenly shuts down on its own and wont turn on without pulling the battery.

Or better yet....had a new one happen for the first time just this past weekend. How did my phone sitting on the table in the basement...while everyone was upstairs, choose to dial a # that had called me last week. It was not even in my contacts...and it was from early in the week...so not at the top of the list.

I REALLY look forward to hearing how this was my doing, or a result of something I installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones