Who's dumping the vibrant for the g2?

Last Updated:

1. bbe1367

bbe1367 Member This Topic's Starter

Well the topic is pretty much the question.

Advertisement
    mrcamp likes this.
  2. Oblaat91

Oblaat91 Member

i don't think this is really the best place for this but to answer your question i'm not though my girlfriend is dumping the G1 for it.

3. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Nope, I dont like how it looks and so what if it can plug into the fastest network. My Vibrant works just fine for me.

4. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Why would you? The G2 isnt all that nice looking and the snapdragon/scorpian isnt as fast.

5. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

I will be keeping the VIbrant! But I might buy the g2 just to play around with it, then give it to someone.

6. aeok18109

aeok18109 Active Member

i might have my GF upgrade to the G2. that of course means she gets my vibrant and i take the G2 if its better LOL. shes happy as long as she can play friggin Jewels from the market place >_<

7. Tarzanman

Tarzanman Active Member

Switching to the G2 is going to be a hard sell since the screen is smaller and not a super amoled.

I got my Vibrant off contract from a 3rd party for a fairly decent price. It would take a considerably nicer phone for me to pay $200 and accept a contract extension.

I think that now is a bad time to do a contract with the smartphone wars heating up.

8. jree

jree Well-Known Member

Only thing that could make me trade my vibrant in is if Samsung upgrades it with a dual core hummingbird and upgraded gpu.

My wife is in love with her iPhone that I gave her so she wont be getting a new phone till it craps out

9. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

You can give it to me when you're done :D

10. Robinelli

I'm keeping my vibrant. I am too addicted to the SAMOLED screen to go to anything less at this point. And I'll never want a phone with a screen less than 4" now, either.

But I'd take one if someone gave it to me ;) LOL.

11. RichieHD

RichieHD Well-Known Member

Nope. Not trading this bad boy in. It plays virtually every video format (that I've tried) and it's sleek as hell. The SAMOLED screen is a dream and I am enamored by this device. It has its quirks but I'm in it for the long haul. My GF is off contract in May so she will end up with the MyTouchHD probably. Her first android phone. She loved my G1/Vibrant.

GalaxyS_Superphone112 likes this.
  12. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

Oh come on Robinelli, we all know you won't be able to resist buying the G2 to test it out.;)

13. Robinelli

Lol. I know. I'm back on the wagon! I swear! Ha ha

14. budney

budney Active Member

I would be all over the G2 if the Vibrant been released. But no way am I giving up the the SAMOLED screen, Hummingbird processor, and the 16GB built-in memory.

15. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

16. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

I recently switched from a 7MB/s plan to a 20MB/s plan on my home network (it was only $3 more) and I have to tell you I can't tell that big of a difference unless I am watching HD videos on youtube so I can't see that HSPA and HSPA+ will be that noticable unless watching video or using apps like Bambuser and ustream. All that said I plan on selling my Slide for a G2 but I don't see a need in my girl upgrading out of the Vibrant. She would not use the Keyboard anyway but I must have one on any phone I have.

17. maverick777

maverick777 Well-Known Member

Not upgrading to another phone unless it has a Super Amoled display at at least 16gb of built in memory.

Even with the builtin in memory and a 16gb card, I'm down to less than 1 gb on each card. I sometimes keep more free space just in case I want to take videos on my phone. 720p files are not small.

The Super Amoled display is definitely something that will spoil you. The perfect blacks and colors are just above and beyond anything available (yes, that includes the retina display).

4" is also the perfect balance for a reasonably sized phone.

With Froyo and/or Cyanogen 6 in the works the Vibrant, I think this phone will last quite awhile.

Swype has also eliminated my need for a hardware keyboard. I used a TouchPro 2 from launch until I upgraded to the Vibrant. I only used the hardware keyboard a handful of times once I switched to Swype. And mostly because I didn't know Swype had a dpad until recently.

18. rickcain

rickcain Member

The G2 is not close to a phone that would make me dump my Vibrant, I actually can't think of a phone that tops a Vibrant.

19. vud911

vud911 Well-Known Member

My next phone will likely be a Samsung unless they screw me over with the Vibrant like they did to Beholder owners. Why? Because they're keeping the SAMOLED inhouse...

20. Robinelli

Really? Does that mean other phones will not get the samoled? I don't want locked down to samsung!

21. Android Amateur

Android Amateur Well-Known Member

I just traded away my MT3GSlide for my Samsung Vibrant because I didn't use the slide out keyboard very much... So, NO I won't be upgrading! I freakin love my Vibrant!

22. budney

budney Active Member

23. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

Ummm...what he said!!!:D

24. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

for now, the samoled screen is exclusive to samsung. by the time other manufacturers start releasing phones with a samoled screen, samsung will probably be releasing their new unbreakable samoled screen. samsung is aiming to have the best multimedia phone on the market. right now, i think they have succeeded. the vibrant in my opinion is the best phone out right now. it's much faster than anything else on the market, and mine is still stock. it'll play almost all media formats, as an extremely powerful cpu/gpu which seems to run circles around the snapdragon, it has the ability to imitate 5.1 surround sound (it's not as good as true 5.1, but it sure blows the rest of the phones away when it comes to movies), and the super amoled display is nothing short of amazing. honestly, i think other manufacturers are going to be playing catchup for quite awhile, even after the 1.5 GHz dual core snapdragon is released, they'll be hard pressed to keep up with samsung's little beast. and when they finally do catch up, samsung will release the successor to the galaxy s, with their own dual core. i think samsung is sitting in a nice position right now! i'll only dump my vibrant for it's successor.

25. tedrd88

tedrd88 Member

I'm not excited about the G2 but the other HTC device is enticing. 4.3 inch screen with vanilla android 2.2. I'll wait for the reviews but I could easily be persuaded to unlock the Vibrant, sell it, and get that device (Desire HD?).