Who's getting this phoneGeneral

1. simonsimons34

simonsimons34 Rom & Kernel Developer Guide

Well today Its going on sale at radio shack for 99.99. Im the kernel developer for this phone and I was just curious how many people may be coming in :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Buzzwindrip

Buzzwindrip New Member

I just bought one today at RS. Replaced an LG Optimus V; VM/Sprint network still sucks, but the phone is definitely snappier than what it replaced.
  3. simonsimons34

Install jellybean. Then you will never want a new phone :)
  4. CaveDroid

CaveDroid Member

Hello,
    Just got on board with the One v. My first impressions are that the screen resolution is beautiful :) This is a very lightweight phone also, it is about 1/2 the weight of my old Optimus V.
    When I was looking at the One V online, at first I didn't like it because of the curved section @ the bottom. but, after using a friends HTC evo 3d I felt that the extra length at the bottom is a good feature. -because with the Evo since the controls are right at the edge of the screen every time I held the phone I would accidentally click some botton or other. The One V is not like that, Its very comfortable to hold.
    I am interested in rooting next, mainly to backup apps with Rommanager and for UI or battery improvements. not sure if that is needed because battery seems to hold up well for now.
  5. Aerocream

Aerocream New Member

Just ordered mine for $49.99 from VM directly online. Replacing my old Optimus V. I just wanted 4.0 and 5mp camera. Was tempted to get the S2 today, but not yet...
  6. ryuk666

ryuk666 Active Member

Ordered mine about 4 hours ago :) replacing my old optimus v! Gonna root and Rom soon just have to wait the 3-5 days of shipping
  7. redgjm

redgjm Well-Known Member

Picked up 2 of these. Initial cost was 100 bucks even, but after bonuses and rebates they will only be 45 bucks for both!

I posted a link on how to discount the Evo V (or any Virgin phone) for less than the sale price in the Virgin forum but no one payed attention. Oh well.

The method is still valid but you won't save as much without the sale prices.
  8. lordj

lordj Well-Known Member

Grabbed one while Amazon price matched this deal for a short time. Xmas gift for my sone who has been begging me for a phone. For $50 its not the end o the world if he loses it or breaks it.
  9. rwinvt

rwinvt Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in---as soon as I get it. Ordered Cyber Monday by way of fatwallet. Order status at VM goes back and forth from pending to "oops- there is something wrong, Check back later.

It's coming. Scheduled delivery by Monday, 12/3
  10. simonsimons34

As people get this phone, I want to extend my opening of beta kernel testers. My kernels focus on jelly bean for now. When I get jelly nailed down, there really won't be a need for ICS. The beta testing will get you bleeding edge kernels a week before kernels are released. The requirements are you need to be able to use adb fluently and report bugs